10. because the walls don't fucking love you

tw: mention of abuse, homophobia

sapnap pov:

over the next week, karl, quackity and i began to plan for our secret meet-up. karl and i had already called the school and told them we got coronavirus so they wouldn't expect us to come back any time soon. that gave us ten days off school, as long as our parents didn't get involved. we hadn't exactly come up with a plan to distract them from wondering where we are.

'my parents probably won't give a shit where i've gone, they'll just want me back so they have something to take their anger out on.' karl laughed dryly, me and quackity not replying, 'too soon for jokes?'

'yeah a bit, sorry karl.' quackity responded after a beat.

the call reached an awkward silence before i spoke up again. 'so guys, where did we say we were going?'

'well,' quackity giggled a bit, 'you said - and i quote - 'the middle of nowhere' so really i have no idea, sap.'

'oh yeah true.' i laugh. 'well how far are we all willing to travel?'

'maybe like an hour or two?' karl suggests.

'that works. i will look up camping sites or something. no one will think we've gone fucking camping for god's sake. and we can use fake names so they can't track us?' i respond while typing into google some good places to go.

'ooh!' i pipe up, interrupting whatever quackity and karl were talking about while i was focused on my computer, 'i've found somewhere good. it's called Lakeside Campsite. it's only 1 hour away from us, i'm not sure how far away it is from you, q. i'll send you guys the link to their website, it looks pretty good.'

'oh that's so pretty, look at that waterfall on the fourth picture! how expensive is it, though?' karl wonders.

'don't worry about the cost, guys, ive got this. i'm rich from all the streaming anyway.' quackity responds almost instantly.

'if you're sure, then that works for us. i literally have whatever i can grab from my parents and that's it.' i laugh.

'yeah no, don't even worry about it, i've got it covered.'

'thank you quackity.' karl says.

i continue scrolling through the website to find more information, 'it says here that you don't need to book in advance as they're not very busy - which is good... and the cost isn't as bad as i thought it would be. it's 15$ per person, per night. so for us to stay for one night it's 45$. how long are we staying?'

'let's stay for five days.' quackity says, 'monday - friday, so you guys can miss school, can either of you pretend you're staying with a friend or will that not work?'

'i can't lie about staying with my girlfriend. she'll turn up to my parents house and say she hasn't seen me for days, hell, she's such a snitch. she told them i skipped gym class once and my dad had a hissy fit.' i laugh.

'dude, your girlfriend sounds so shit.' quackity says.

'oh you don't even know half of it.'

'what does that mean, sapnap?' i could hear the worry in quackity's voice. i decide to text him, scared to say anything out loud in my own house in case my parents hear.

'look at your discord dms.'

sapnap | Today at 17:43
i'm scared to say this out loud while my parents are home. i don't want them to hear

Quackity | Today at 17:43
go ahead

sapnap | Today at 17:45
so my girlfriend sexually assaults me and rapes me most days. i can't escape because she's the mayor's daughter and if i try anything, she'll tell her dad and ruin my life. she already thinks that i have a thing for karl, which is bad enough, but my parents are also homophobic and she brought this up around them and my dad started calling me the f slur.

Quackity | Today at 17:45
jesus christ sapnap. what is wrong with the town you and karl live in? your lives are fucked up.

sapnap | Today at 17:46
lmao ikr.
anyway back to the call

Quackity | Today at 17:46
wait does karl know

sapnap | Today at 17:46
yeah

'so. now we all know why we need to escape. lets actually start planning, right?' i say, bring everyone's attention back.

'okay. so today is friday, let's go on monday, we have the weekend to plan transport and how we're gonna sneak out with five days worth of clothes without our parents wondering what the fuck we're doing.' karl says, 'my parents won't be much of a problem, not sure what your situation is quackity, but i know sapnap's parents are most likely home.'

'yeah i'll have to either climb out the window or hope they have a date night or something over the weekend. my siblings won't be a problem. we all sneak out all the time because our parents are so strict.' i reply, a hint of sadness but also hopefulness in my voice.

'i'll be alright. i dropped out of school to stream and my mom lets me do what i want most of the time. i'll just tell her i'm going away to do a vlog or something. she doesn't watch my content so we should be alright if we don't vlog. we can vlog if you want though, because that could be fun. i won't upload it unless you guys are comfortable anyway.' quackity excitedly responds.

'yeah sure, we can vlog. don't upload it until we see how bad of a situation we got ourselves into when we get back, though.' karl replies, with a small laugh at the end.

we are all so excited to see each other and spend almost a week together, and away from all our shit. it's going to be so fucking great.

'okay, so,' i start, looking for confirmation, 'we leave on monday? what time?'

'whatever time you normally leave for school.'

'okay, i'll pick you up karl, and we'll meet you quackity at like 10am, near the camp site.'

'that works for me. see you guys soon.'

and with that, we all leave the call and start packing or planning our secret escape.

—————————————————
1043 words