14. london puts barriers on the rails

tw: none???

karl pov:

today is the last day of our holiday. five days was not nearly enough time to spend with my two favourite people. we're all aware of the fact that this is our last day, but none of us want to say those words out loud.

this morning we have to get up earlier in order to check out on time, we're not gonna just leave as soon as we check out, though. we've decided to go to the local dunkin donuts and then hangout in the playground near that. simple, but we don't mind. we just want to spend as long as possible together.

i woke up first and found sapnap's arm around me, which kinda made me jump. i've never woken up to anything like that before. it was nice, though. i just wish he could break up with his girlfriend and date me instead. life isn't that easy.

i decided to lay there in his arms for around twenty minutes, until i heard quackity start to shuffle and then i quickly but quietly moved sapnap's arms off of me. we didn't need quackity to start asking questions revolving around us - especially on our last day.

'good morning!' quackity yells, waking up sapnap who hit him with his pillow in revenge.

'hi quackity' i smile and he smiles back.

'we have to get ready to leave soon, checkout is at 10.' he says matter-of-factly.

'what's the time?' i yawn.

'uhh, 9:26.' he reads

'oh, shit. sapnap, get up, we have to pack, hurry!'

we all scramble out of bed and throw our clothes into our suitcases, not bothering to shower in our panicked state to get everything packed. blankets and food are shoved into already full suitcases in our hurry to pack the tent into it's bag properly. we did not leave enough time for this.

'where's the tent bag?' sapnap asks in worry.

'oh shit, oh shit, did we just pack it?' i respond.

quackity laughs at mine and sapnap's worry and pulls out the tent bag from behind his back. sapnap and i both tackle him at the same time. all three of us dying of laughter.

'get. off. me.' quackity says, out of breath due to the combined weight of me and sapnap and the amount of laughing we just did.

we reluctantly get off and hurriedly attempt to put the tent back into its bag. after four attempts, we are successful; we pick everything up and run towards the main building. we head to the checkout desk and the time is 10:01. one minute late.

we drop the key off at the desk, hoping to get away before anyone sees us, which is successful. we go over to sapnap's car and we start shoving things in the boot before we scramble into the car and drive off, still laughing. no one knows what is funny at this point, but every time one of us starts laughing, we all join in. our laughter is contagious, you could say.

quackity and i are in the backseat, while sapnap drives. quackity is still vlogging, i don't think he'll stop until we drop him off at his house. it's cool, though. it means i'll be able to look on youtube whenever i want to remember the fun i had with sapnap and quackity.

five minutes later, we're pulling into the dunkin donuts carpark, mine and quackity's sides are still splitting, but sapnap stopped laughing with us as he concentrated on driving. how responsible of him.

we go inside and order three donuts, one iced coffee, one hot chocolate and one iced latte, then we go and sit in a booth next to the window; sapnap and i on the same side, opposite quackity. i sit next to the window and sapnap sits next to me, his leg slightly brushing mine as he sits down. it makes me blush.