Getting Ready to Play

Author Chan
Hey guys. It's been rough again with volleyball and everything. Starting to stress out but writing helps me relax sooooo here you go!

"Sure, sure. You keep talking like that old man and we will wipe the floor with you when you aren't looking."

——————
Your POV
——————

We got set up to start the game, and both teams made a huddle with the players. The guys huddled around me because for the time being, I was team captain, even though Liberoes technically aren't allowed to be captain. The boys were listening to me as I told them my strategy.

I had Oikawa as setter running a 5-1 meaning there would be only one setter, and the rest of the players would be hitting (don't worry if you don't play volleyball or this doesn't make sense, the volleyball playing shouldn't last long).

Then there was Kuroo and Tendou playing middles, I had Daichi on right side covering and filling in as a back up, and Bokuto and Iwaizumi were hitting outside.

"All right, listen up," I spoke up to them guys who loomed over me. "We need to pull our heads together to win this against Kageyama. If any of you think I will be ok with losing this match you are dead wrong." I glare up at each of the males as I talk. "I want perfect receives," I look at Daichi. "Don't let anything through. I will cover the back areas and follow all the way up to the net for blocked balls."

I look at Oikawa, "I want you sending a variety of different tosses to our hitters, but we will work on a strategy when we see what Kageyama has up his sleeve."

"And you," I turn to my middles and hitters. "Hit after hit after hit. I want you to give it everything you got while me and Daichi keep you steady from behind." I take a quick glance at Daichi. "And don't you worry Daichi, I let you hit some quick-ies in there too."

I look around the whole group once more before taking a glance at Nekomata, who just chuckles and nods. I turn away from the boys and towards the court. "Let's go then. And don't let me down."

The guys I set up as starters come by and pat my back, "We wouldn't dream of it boss."

I smile and when we get ready, I move in a switch places with Tendou in the back row, getting ready with a couple of deep breaths.

——————
Kageyama's POV
——————

Y/n has Kuroo, Bokuto, Iwa, Oikawa, Daichi and herself on the court right now. They are a very intimidating team, and Y/n seems to have control over the boys. They seem to really trust her with us strange since I've only seen some of them just barely greet each other.

I hate to say it, but I'm nervous to see what she has planned, as an amazing defensive player, and one of the best strategists you can come by.

I look around at my team as they get prepared, and I can tell that they are feeling the same amount of nervousness as I am, but I can't let them see that she freaks me out. I have to stay strong for them.

"Only the best can stay on the court," I say looking up at Y/n.

"Yeah," she responds, "and that's gonna be us."

I watch Kuroo, Bokuto and Oikawa turn around to watch the dead serious face she has on. And I know for a fact that she isn't joking around with us.