CHAPTER #40

Exams came and went, Cassie's little deception went unnoticed and she knew she got the grade needed. Now that she just had work, there was more time to socialize. Kate and her often hung out together. They were at the Boathouse, waiting for Adam to get off work. Faye and Melissa were also there. Two young girls were sitting in the booth that Faye wanted. They watched her bully the two girls, but when that didn't work, Cassie knew Faye used magic. Her fellow witch made the pop glass suddenly fall into one of the girls' laps. The booth was then available, when the original occupants had to go clean up.

"That girl, Faye, she's like a mean girl. Is she always so selfish?" Kate asked Cassie.

Cassie nodded, "doesn't know when to leave well enough alone either."

"I hate people like that. I hope one day she gets in my face. Then I'll show her a thing or two," Kate vowed.

Some guys came in to the restaurant and Cassie recognized Mark. She smiled at him and he came over to say hello. She moved over so he could sit beside her. "Hi, this is my friend Kate."

"I'm Mark, I went to high school with Cassie."

Kate said, "hello."

"I'm going to have a party at my house to kick off school being finished and summer around the corner. You and the football team should come," Cassie invited.

"Cool, when is it?"

"Next weekend. And Kate's brother will be helping us get a keg."

Kate nodded and grinned, "can't have a kick off party without some beer."

Mark grinned, "I like how you girls think. We'll be there for sure. Can we invite people along?"

"Invite whomever you want, but anyone you invite that breaks or steels shit, I'm holding you responsible for," Cassie stared him down, then smiled.

"My friends are cool, don't worry."

Faye was pissed off that Mark was spending so long at Cassie's table. She got up and went over. "Mark how are you?"

"I'm good Faye. Are you coming to Cassie's party?" Mark asked.

"Melissa and I will stop in and check it out," Faye flirted. "How about you come to our table and we'll talk about it more." She leaned over making sure he saw her cleavage.

Kate and Cassie exchanged a disgusted look. "It's next weekend Faye." Cassie said.

Faye smirked. "Thanks for the reminder... Mark?"

He followed Faye, as she knew he would. She walked in front of him, locking her knees making her hips sway just that little bit more. Kate groaned. "I don't know what Zane sees in her."

Cassie giggled. "Patience Kate, Faye will get what's coming to her soon enough. It's karma, as the saying goes 'what goes around comes around.' And you said Zane's a jerk, so they're made for each other."

Now it was Kate's turn to snicker. Then more seriously she said, "I hope I'm around, when karma slaps back at her."

They watched Faye go outside with Mark and his friends. Cassie looked at the seagulls outside, she focused on them, her heartbeat was all she heard. Then the gulls found the need to poop right above Faye. Kate laughed, as Faye shrieked and ran for cover. Mark dodged the aerial bombs and left with his friends.

Adam saw the look on Cassie's face, before she stopped using her magic. He knew the birds were not acting naturally. He walked over to the table and said hi to Kate. Then he looked Cassie in the eyes, showing his disapproval. She stared defiantly back at him. He cleared their plates and said nothing, but that too spoke volumes. She was tempted to make him drop the dishes, but Kate distracted her by getting up from the table.