The Nightmare Begins

A throbbing pain rouses me from what feels like death, I let out a groan trying to move but pain sliced through my head like I've never felt before. I wince trying to bring my hand to my head to soothe the sharp throbbing only to feel a deep stabbing pain in my arm. I cry out meekly as I realize I can't move my fingers. I try to open my eyes but one is completely swollen shut, what I can see out of the other looks to be a dim cellar.

There's a table in one corner with a chair, it looks to be some kind of work bench. In the opposite corner is a metal rung ladder that leads up to what looks like a hatch. Next to me on the floor is a glass of water and four pills placed neatly beside it. I lay there for a moment in shock as I come to realize my situation. Im locked, in a basement, with serious injuries. Tears well in my eyes as the gravity of it all sets in
He's going to kill me...I know his face...
The tears burned hot tracks running into my hair as I lay on the cold dirty floor.
But why didn't he just...
My thoughts were cut off by the sound of the cellar door opening. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. Maybe if I stay 'knocked out' he won't hurt me. I hear a dull thud followed by the sounds of fabric and more thudding.

It's dim enough I could probably peek and he won't notice.

I crack my good eye open just enough to see the dark figure jump from about halfway down the ladder. It looks like he's wearing a dark hood, maybe even a mask. He scoops up the pile of, what I assume is blankets, off the floor. I feel terror peel through my spine as he turns his head in my direction, he walks towards me as though he's trying to be quiet. I close my eyes fighting the urge to scream in terror, I can hear him messing with the blankets just next to me.

It sounds like he's laying them out?

My mind started racing to all the true crime I would flood my brain with late at night. Killers will sometimes lay down a tarp to keep the murder scene blood free. Or maybe since its blankets he's going to... I was trying so hard to control my breathing but it sounded shaky even to me.

"Sit Up."

He said through some kind of voice changer that just made the whole experience that much more terrifying. I felt myself start shaking and I couldn't stop myself from sobbing as I opened my eye to see the man kneeling just in front of me. Holding the pills that were previously on the floor. "Please don't hurt me." I pleaded pitifully through the sobs. He grabs me by the shoulder of my good arm and pulls me up to a sitting position with a rough tug. The pain from being moved tears through my arm and knee letting out a shrill scream through me, he cuts it off with a sharp slap across my face.
"next time, listen and it won't hurt"
he said sounding impatient before thrusting the pills towards me
"take these."
"M-My arm is B-broken..."
I say cradling it with my other hand. He sighs sounding annoyed before grabbing me by the jaw forcing my mouth open so he can shove them down my throat, I gag as the large dry pills try and carve their way down my parched throat. He holds up the cup of water to my lips so I can take long and deep sips. I drink until I have to pull away gasping to catch my breath.

"T-thank you..."
I say between pants, one thing those true crime documentaries pointed out was that sometimes reminding them that you're a human will keep them sympathetic enough to keep you alive until hopefully someone can save you or you can escape.

"M-my name is Y-younie... And I'm s-so sorry..."
I couldn't stop my voice from shaking as he stood up above me looking down at me with an unreadable expression.

"I'm so sorry for what PJ did, it's my fault I w-was scared..." I stammered as he reached down to pull me up to stand.

"I Wont tell anybody w-what happened I'll say I fell down the stairs"
I pleaded as I struggled to stand up on one leg trying desperately not to put pressed on my knee. The man didn't say anything he just turned and walked towards the work bench.
"Please don't hurt me..."
I whimpered as I heard the metallic shuffling of tools on the bench. He turned back with a pair of scissors in hand and I felt my fight or flight instincts kick in, my heart pounded in my chest as I made a break for the ladder hobbling as fast as I could only to feel myself be lurched back by my hair my legs go limp as I hang by a handful of hair my head absolutely splitting with pain from where that bat had landed.
"Please I'm sorry I'm just scared please don't hurt me PLEASE" I begged trying to pull my hair from his grasp with my good hand to bo avail. He dragged me over to the makeshift pallet dropping me on the not so padded ground

"Run again and I'll take that leg Younie" he said in a cold and malicious voice before bringing the scissors to the bottom of my shirt. Cutting up the fabric all the way up til it splayed open, he pulled a flashlight from his back pocket shining the light over my abdomen revealing deep purple bruises. He ran a hand gently over the marks bringing the scissors to the waistband of my pants, paying no mind to my tears and crying as he left me exposed in my underwear and cut open shirt.
He cocked his head to the side as though to admire my bruised and beaten body running a hand along my thigh

"you hurt me..."
He mumbled from behind the mask still not looking at me his eyes tracing over my body as though lost in thought.

"you called out for PJ last night..." He said finally flashing me his eyes, his expression unreadable. There was nothing but silence, he hadn't asked a question but the curiosity was blatant.

Does he want me to tell him about PJ?

My mind flooded trying to think of what to say to save my skin.

If he's mad at PJ he'll hurt me to get back at him but maybe he's scared there's somebody looking for me!

I nod "PJ...is my boyfriend..." There was a flash of some kind of emotion I couldn't read behind his eyes before he quickly stood up.

"some fucking boyfriend" he mumbled walking back over to the bench fumbling once again with whatever tools he had up there. I feel my heart sink when he turns back with a syringe full of God knows what

Oh god its battery acid just like Dahmer did to make the sex zombies!

"Please no please you don't have to do that please I'll do whatever you want PLEASE!!"
   My voice broke in and out as I pleaded for my life covering my face as best I could with a broken arm, the bones clicking as they shift against each other, sending me rolling on my back sobbing in agony.

"Mommy Daddy p-please help me!"
I scream as he grabs my good arm sinking the needle deep into the skin. He tries not to laugh as he pulls the needle out.

"it'll keep you calm for a while."

Tremors rock through my body as I slump onto the pile of blankets letting myself break down into sobs of pure terror for what feels like an hour while he sits at that work bench just watching me until my head starts to get foggy and swim, I cant feel the pain in my arm or leg anymore. My breathing goes from haggard to slow deep breaths.

I think... I'm dreaming? I try to move but my body is too heavy "was that a nightmare?"

"No Darling just drugs." I hear PJ's voice say to me. A bubble of laughter rises from my throat between sniffles.

"That's stupid, I don't do drugs..."
I feel my head rolling to the side facing my arm

"uh oh noodle arm is too bendy" I say trying to wiggle the arm that's bending at a concerning angle. My train of thought fading in and out of consciousness for god knows how long until my thoughts are sleepily roaming back to Lucy, I opened a groggy eye.

"you gotta apologize to Lucy PJ that was very mean" I chastised looking around only to find that PJ wasn't there, I tried to jerk up wincing only to find that my motion was restrained by a makeshift splint on my arm and knee. I start to panic as I realize that unfortunately that it was a real nightmare not one you can wake up from and cry about to your roommate over coffee.

The man wasn't in the room anymore but there was a plate on the ground with a sandwich and a liter of water and a note 'behave.' It read. I felt tears spill down my face as my stomach tied itself in knots. I pushed the plate away and crumpled the note throwing it in the direction of the ladder before laying down to pull the blanket over my head, letting my emotions take me as I sobbed pitiful tears into the blanket. I cried for what felt like hours before the tears stopped flowing and it was just the sound of my own wailing echoing against the walls until exhaustion took me.

Little did I know that this was just the first day in a two week long Nightmare.

To Be Continued...