Dreams

I carefully put one paw in front of the other my eye on my prey the whole time. If I stepped on one tiny twig the rabbit would notice me and run away. I was so close.

"Alpine" "Alpine" I heard my name being called.

So did the rabbit.

It ran away.

"Alpine, where are you!" it was my mother, Shadow.

"I'm over here" I called back. I was greatly disappointed, I had nearly caught my first rabbit!

My mother rushed over to me, followed by the rest of the pack. "What were you doing Alpine" she asked, and all the wolf pups started asking their own silly questions, "where you leaving the pack" "did you get lost" "oh I bet she got lost". 

"I was hunting" I glanced up at they, hopeful they'd be proud of me.

They weren't.

My father spoke next "Alpine, you're far too young to be able to hunt, and anyway you need other wolves with you to hunt, how else would you chase your prey?"

"I was sneaking up on it" I muttered "and I nearly caught it, I would have if you hadn't came here shouting my name"

"Oh yeah sure you would have" my older brother, Blizzard teased. He can be so annoying sometimes... actually he's so annoying basically all the time.

As we walked away my little sister, Luna gently put her head against my shoulder and said "I believe you, I think you could have caught a rabbit". She's so sweet, if there is such thing as a wolf pack that only has two wolves in it sign me up, a pack with just me and Luna would be a dream. We all have dreams though, most of the time they don't come true.

-

We get back to our territory, have something to eat and everyone goes to sleep.

Except me, I can't fall asleep because I just keep thinking about how I'd love to live on my own and be allowed to hunt for my own food. Every day is soooo boring while I can't hunt there's nothing at all to do. 

Lately there's been rumours of a young lone wolf living rather close to our territory, most of the wolves in my pack are frustrated by this but I've been dying to meet this wolf and ask them what it's like to have has much freedom as they do. My parents say I must never talk to any wolf from a different pack but technically this wolf isn't in a pack, so if I ever did meet them I wouldn't be talking to a wolf from a different pack.

As I'm falling asleep I see a shooting star shoot over my head, and as I drift off I wish, I wish to meet the lone wolf.

Thanks for reading the first part of my new story Lone Wolf. More parts are coming soon when I get the time! Comment your opinions on this story and please vote it. Follow for follow <3