Warrior Cats Universe!

/tw: violence/

When fellow cats conceptualize hell, they would kindle a fear toward a fiery world filled with everything they despise. 

I see it as a desolate environment filled with the saltiest water, one where my mutilated pelt is overcome with anguish at the bitter liquid that penetrates my livid wounds. My rheumy optics burn, but I am too overcome with exhaustion to shut my eyes. The freezing water does not numb, it makes my mind pellucid, encouraging me to obsess over the torment. 

One where I attempt to distract myself from the anguish in many attempts deemed futile. The ponderous heart residing in my chest sinks me deeper into the algid water. As the massive breath I took before jumping into the water rapidly leaves my body, the overwhelming need for air confuses my senses. My weary eyes are too tired to carry me to the surface, and a passionate longing for air possesses me as my world becomes indistinct and the severe anguish I feel is replaced with blame. 

I accuse myself, my acquaintances, my adversaries. I resign from hope and allow my lungs to expand longingly for air. Burning pain dismembers my chest as my blood is saline. An infinite amount of agony is the only noticeable thing as my vision begins to be consumed by darkness. The last thought is of the sheer joy of the anguish fading. Yet, the physical anguish stayed annulled by being absolutely alone. 

Alone. 

The most demonic torture of them all. 

Then, everything occurs again.

I block myself from being tormented by the malicious imaginations and allow my heavy eyelids to peel open, presenting the amber slits to the radiant dawn. I was overcome with exhaustion from the long journey I had made, which was called the Mozek- the journey of wisdom. I had successfully conveyed my weak body home and could finally rest. The gleaming amber from my optics refused to be hidden, though, and my dark grey legs began to grow restless as they were settled on the rabbit pelt. After the long journey I had made to our homelands, I was not used to so much rest, even though I had reached here at midnight. My languid body struggled to stand upright, yet I managed to settle on all fours and prowl out of my den.

"Salutations, Starcrystal," the watcher welcomed ardently. It was obvious that this spring was treating her well, despite her thick black pelt making her look even plumper than she was. She then sunk into the submissive posture required for the cats who weren't royals like me.

Once her green eyes were hidden from my view and her throat was within easy reach of my paws, I nodded. "Please, stand, Gloryclaw. Are you aware of any other cats that are going to go hunting?" I pressed in hopes of finding something to pass my time with.

"Nimbuspelt, Dewgrass, and Sirimiripaw plan to leave within the hour."

I nodded vigorously, gleefully traversing to the other side of camp where the fellow cats settled. Once I stood within a tail-length of them, they immediately sunk into the submissive posture and I flicked my tail impatiently. "No need, could I join you on your hunt?" They cut the ritual off as my paws kneaded the peat that housed the colossal aspen trees towering above our camp.

"Yes, of course you may come." Nimbuspelt nodded her silvery head, allowing the fact she was honored by the offer to be revealed. The young stalker fit her name well, as she seemed to glow next to the green and brown forest backdrop. Dewgrass greatly contrasted this sacrosanct being I gazed at with admiration, for her brown pelt was matted with age and her golden paw pads were cracked and crusted with time. Dewgrass's flattened face was broken apart by a long scar that peeled over her left eye, making the once amber spheroid opaque.

Even her voice was cracked with age as she nodded in agreement and said, "We will be hunting by the salt lake, and teaching Sirimiripaw some hunting techniques." She nodded to her apprentice, whom I would assume it would be the last apprentice she had. The tom sat, grooming his light brown and black pelt. The apprentice then gave his chest a few licks and looked at me with his purple eyes in an almost challenging manner. This was the first time I had seen this youthful feline, and I deduced that he was apprenticed while I was on my Mozek.

"Hello, Sirimiripaw; I must have been gone when you were apprenticed. It is good to meet you."

"I am honored to meet you," he said earnestly, though his pompous mein simply looked around impatiently.

"Let's set out now," Dewgrass interjected bluntly, standing on her paws. We all nodded and followed her out of camp.

[{×××}]

We soon exited the aspen forest and made our way through the endless pine forest. Tranquility I had missed on my long journey now returned as the brilliant blue broke through the thick green needles at the top of a hill we took a break on. The exhaustion I had felt had been exorcised from my body.

Nimbuspelt and I glanced at each other: the same look flashed through our eyes and we began racing down the hill. Her lithe body streaked pass me and seemed to leave a glowing white trail. I growled in determination and sped up behind her and attempted to catch up to her. We sprinted faster and dodged the tall ponderosa trees that began to blur around us. Suddenly she broke out of the brown and red world and reached the grassy field leading to the sandy lakeshore, while my right paw slid into a rabbit hole. I attempted to get out as swiftly possible.

A splashing sound was faint in the air as my foot writhed out of the mossy hole. I gratefully trotted forward to where we planned to finish. I settled on the ledge above the tranquil shore, which, as I looked down to notice, was merely disturbed by Nimbuspelt swimming in a graceful demeanor towards me. She flicked her black ear and pulled herself out of the water and onto the gently sloped ridge.

"Slowpoke," she teased and then trotted up to me, touching her nose to my pelt. My ears burned with heat and my legs felt weak, and it required all my strength to appear calm.

Dewgrass and Sirimiripaw trotted up. While the brown cat was gasping for breath, the apprentice walked smoothly and wandered off with interest. He headed toward the lakeshore slightly left to where Nimbuspelt had been. I smiled at his energy and glanced fondly at the silver cat next to me.

"Are we going to stand here and scare prey, or will we h-" A terrified screech overcame Dewgrass's impatient comment. A raucous call from a raven overhead made a haunting melody with the shrill scream. I whipped around and launched myself towards the origin, which presented itself to be Sirimiripaw.

I stood at the top of a short grassy bank leading to the sandy lakeside. Sirimiripaw was crunched into a black and brown speck, his jaws locked into a screech.

His mother lay on her right side, her muzzle frozen in a look of trepidation. Her body was torn apart viciously, and her white spine shone through the black fur, which was matted in red. Her ribs were broken like wings, sticking out of her spine in mid-flight away from this horrendous scene. One of her crystal blue eyes was picked out by scavengers. Blood swirled around the scene and was washing into the water, making it a maroon abyss.