Safety

You get in avani car and sit in the front seat next to her silently "so tell me about yourself" avani says and you start to get flustered as you realise you are definitely not as interesting as her "oh um .. I work at a bar .. in LA I live with my boyfriend Nick and I'm obsessed with writing and listening to music it helps me feel safe" you say and she smiles "music is my safe space too .. it gives me a freedom to express myself" she says and you blush slightly "yea it's .. pretty cool" you say looking down and fiddling with chases ring in the palm of your hand and avani pulls up to a stop sign and looks down at your hand "is that chases" she asks softly and you close your hand quickly "oh um no .. it's mine does he have one too" you say and she looks at you suspiciously "yea he does .. he actually does that exact same thing with it when he's nervous he will take it off and fiddle with it that's how I know he is anxious" she says and you smile and avani glances at your wrist and sees the purple and blue bruise that's bestowed on your wrist.

"Wow girl how did you do that" she says as she starts to drive again and you pull your hoodie down over your hands and hold the cuffs tightly "oh um nothing I .. uh fell skateboarding " you say stuttering slightly as you are shocked she even noticed avani looks at you with deep concern "I'm sorry if I'm over stepping sweetheart I know we just met but .. I can sense that you are lying to me .. vinnie calls me a human lie detector you know " she says and you giggle nervously and avani pulls up to your house "um so we are here" she says stopping the car and you hesitantly put your hand on the door and let go and take a deep breath "you ok" avani says setting her hand on your leg and you jump at her touch and she sighs realising that something must be up "do you wanna stay with us tonight you seem a little shaken" she says and you look up at her "avani no I don't want to intrude" you say and she sighs "sweetie I'm scared that their is something deeper going on with you" she says and you sigh and she continues to keep her hand on your leg and rubs it gently "come on your coming back with me you seem panicked about going home and that is a red flag and before you argue with me you helped my friend so I am helping you ok" avani says as she lets go of your leg and starts to drive off again "wwww-here are we going" you stutter almost embarrassed she could sense you anxiety and she looks at you sympathetically "me , chase and vinnies house.... You will be safe don't worry" she says ans you lean back on your chair slightly relived .

Meanwhile back at the house
Vinnie and chase are playing video games in vinnies room "you know you will have to talk with charli at some point" vinnie says and he sighs "I will .. she's in my room isnt she" chase says slightly annoyed "yea she is ... but bro listen you don't have to forgive her if I were you I would just break up with her this is like the 12th time she's done this " he says and chase sighs "yea well vinnie im not you and I actually forgive people" chase says slightly defensive and vinnie looks at him in shock "sorry I didn't mean it like that" chase says realising he snapped and vinnie turns off the game "go speak with her ok bud.. you are on edge you need to talk it out" vinnie says and chase takes a deep breath "your right I'll be back in abit" chase says and vinnie taps his shoulder giving his friend some much needed encouragement and hesitantly chase gets up and leaves vinnies room and begins to head upstairs to his room "chase" a voice says as he starts to walk upstairs and he turns quickly

He turns his head quickly when his eyes meet with yours as you quietly shut the door behind you "avani what is y/n doing with you" he says gazing at you and avani in shock "I invited her she's gonna stay the night" avani says and he smiles at you "ok um I'm gonna talk to charli uh y/n go make yourself at home .. vinnie is in his room voni if you want him" he says and avani smiles "ok chase" she says and you both walk off

Chase knocks on his room door and charli jumps "come in" she says softly and chase slowly opens the door "hi" she says gently and he closes the door slowly and sits down on his bed next to her with a look of disappointment "Babe talk to me" charli begs  as he sat their in silence "fine you want me to talk explain this charli ...why do you always do this ! it's like every other day we are having the same argument I am sick it " he says looking down and she sighs "chase I'm sorry I didn't mean to I just .. I don't know" she says getting flustered and he continues to stare at the floor and she gently places her hands on his cheek and directs his head towards hers "babe I'm sorry" she says getting emotional and she looks deep into his hurt eyes that began to well up with tears and she kisses his nose "no don't do that don't cry baby .. please chase I'm sorry" she begins to plead and a tear falls from his eye "I wish I could believe you" he says sadly and charli gently wipes his tear "I'm sorry that's all I can say is I'm sorry" charli says as she slowly let's go of him and he looks down again and anxiously wraps his arms around his torso for comfort "I think I should go" charli says and he nods "yea I think you should too I need time char" he says and she nods and lifts her bag and gently kisses his head "text me when your ready" she says softly before leaving .

You and avani sit in the kitchen and she hands you a can of soda " you feeling ok" avani says and you nod "yea .. you were right .. I wasn't in a good headspace earlier and going home was something that .. I just wasn't ready to face" you say and avani reaches across and sets her hand on yours running her thumb against the side of your hand "I get it I could kinda tell your hesitation about going home when you said you would rather walk ... I knew from then something was up" she says and you smile slightly holding back some tears "listen y/n .. we all have skeletons in are closets and we all have bad days it's ok to be vulnerable" she says and you nod and stare into her chocolate brown eyes that for some reason give you a sense of safety .

Charli then comes in the room crying "avani please go check on chase tomorrow for me and text me ok we aren't on the best of terms he doesn't want to speak with me " she says with tears falling from her eyes "I'm sorry to hear that charli but do you blame him .. you messed up" avani says letting go of your hand and turning to her , her eyes seeming tense and dark unlike when she was softly gazing at you avani sighs heavily in anger and charli looks down with a ashamed look bestowed upon her face "I know avani I messed up again and honestly he has all the right to be mad and you have all the right to yell and be protective but please all I ask is that you make sure he doesn't do something stupid ok " charli says in a embarrassed tone "I will charli you know he is always safe with us even when your messes do end him in tears ... but look it's ok go home and get some rest I'll call you tomorrow" avani says and charli nods "thank you .. I appreciate it" she says before leaving .

"I hate her" avani says turning to you as she leaves and you burst out laughing "AVANI" you yell laughing and she laughs with you "I'm sorry it's true .. she is just hurts chase all the time for no reason I mean don't get me wrong is chase the best boyfriend absolutely fucking not but does he deserve to have his heart destroyed by the witch on the daily no ! And let me make this clear absolutely no one hurts my best friends without a consequence she's lucky I haven't drop kicked her in the driveway" she says voice full of sass and you look at her in shock but not in a bad way "wait I though you and charli were like best friends that's what the media portrays anyways " you say confused "ok well ... we WERE best friends.. but then she cheated on chase and keeping in mind I was the person who got chase and charli together in the first place so I felt a little guilty because in a way it was my fault he was feeling down so to help with my guilt I called that hoe out and I reminded her of our rule that she could only date him under one condition and that was that she WOULDNT hurt him ! and that bitch not only hurt my band mate but she as my best friend betrayed my trust and I can't forgive that " avani says and you nod "yea I would be mad too" you say and she laughs "yea"

Suddenly chase comes in with bloodshot eyes and a hoodie on with jogging bottoms and avani looks at him "hey babe ... you ok" she says softly and he nods "yea I'm just grabbing water" he says as he goes to the fridge and avani walks over and hugs him from behind and he turns around and smiles at her and hugs her "I'm ok avani really I swear look you have had a long day we have been in rehearsals since this morning go to sleep ! Don't lie and say you aren't tired I see the bags under your eyes " he says and she lets go and yawns "what about y/n" she whispers and he looks up at you "I'll stay with her" he says and you smile gently at him "ok" avani says and you smile at her "night avani" you say as she walks away towards her room with a slightly sus pious look on her face
Which do you blame her the situation is kinda sus but I digress

chase then leans on the counter infront of you "you seem so fine" you say sarcastically and he laughs "wanna watch a movie in my room I have a whole closet of merch In the back room you can take stuff from there to be more comfortable" he says and you smile "sounds perfect let's go" you say and he smiles and you walk upstairs with him