Chapter 1 : Tea and Teasing

When the punk had gotten to the detective agency, she noticed Heather had gotten there before her today, which wasn't unusual as she had always been quite punctual.

While she was thinking of the previous night, an anxious shiver ran the length of her spine. She had no idea what would happen today. She hoped it wouldn't be anything too mortifying.

Keeping her composure, the blue haired detective strode confidently into the agency and nodded a greeting to the receptionist as she made her way over to her office and set down her things.

After which, she went to knock on the door to her boss's office. However, on her way there, she suddenly felt someone slip their arms around her waist.

Quite surprised, she turned around to face the culprit, to be met with Heather pressing her face against Iris'a shoulder.

Cheeks heating up from embarrassment, Iris quickly shoved the girl away. This however, did not ruin the peppy blonde's mood. "Hey, cutie! Good morning!" Heather beamed, obviously happy to see Iris. Iris sighed and punched the bridge of her nose, annoyed with her partner's unprofessionalism.

"Stick to Ms. Schumaker at work, alright, Ms. Valentine?" She asked hotly. The shorter lady quickly regained her composure. "Of course. Good morning, Ms. Schumaker!" She then smiled and turned back around to head to her own office. "Morning." The punk said with less excitement.

As the beautiful distraction stride away, Iris got back to the task at hand and knocked on the boss's door. After the second knock, the door opened to reveal a well dressed man with dyed red hair, smiling.

"Good morning, Iris! How may I help you?"
Iris put up a hand in greeting.
"Morning, chief. Have there been any updates to the case?" she asked, hardworking as ever.

"How many times do I have to tell you, please just call me Ross!" the man exclaimed, feigning annoyance with a grin.

"Right. Sorry b- Ross.."
The blue haired girl apologized, not accustomed to calling her supervisors by their names so casually.

"Don't worry about it! Anyways, it's not really that much of a discovery but we did get something! We believe we may possess something that belongs to our murderous fiend." Ross explained excitedly.

The punk straightened up quickly at this new piece of information and inhaled sharply.

"Why wasn't I informed of this sooner?" The detective asked sternly yet respectfully. He was her boss, after all.

The shorter man smiled apologetically.

"I wanted you to have one night off. Get some sleep, at least for one night! You bust your ass for this business 24/7, Iris!"

Iris nodded slowly in understanding. "Alright, then. Thank you. Now what is this incriminating piece of evidence we got?!" She inquired.

The chief motioned for her to follow him inside his office, went over to a drawer, and opened it, revealing an evidence bag.

He handed it over to Iris.

Donning gloves, she wasted no time digging into it, pulling out a thin, blue ballpoint pen. "A pen..?" She asked skeptically.

His previous silly demeanor replaced now by a more serious one, Ross nodded.

"Despite not knowing whether not they've ever touched it with their bare hands, we're hoping for at least one fingerprint so we can figure something out about this person. On their last crusade, Ms. Valentine saw them drop this pen while they were in a rush to evade capture. It might not be a lot, but it's something. As soon as our Analyst gets here, I'll have them on it."