1st Chapter: Nightmare

╒═══════  Nightmare  ═══════╕

/ˈnaɪtmɛr/

a dream that is very frightening or unpleasant

╘═════ Oxford Dictionary  ═════╛

Tanjiro sat on a bed, shivered. The room was dark and cold. The lightning stroke now and then. Illuminating a slight part of the room. Rain and thunder banged on the windowpane. Deafening all the hearings in that room.

There were other voices.

A feminine voice, it sobbed.

"Tanji..."

"Kaa... loves you"

"Tou... loves you"

"Ne... loves you"

"Tanjiro... be... live to... protect Ne... kay?"

Suddenly, a green spark thronged his view, followed by deafening

sound of an explosion and the burning pain on his forehead.

The feminine voice shrieked.

•••••••

BOOM

Something tried to fall to the ceiling and woke Tanjiro up from his slumber, wait, it wasn't a ceiling it was a stair, he slept in a cupboard under the stairs after all. It must be Dudley -his cousin- purposely jumped while going down the stairs, a bunch of dust fell onto his red hair

BOOM

'Seriously? why does he need to do that? he'll just destruct the stairs with his overweight body'

BOOM

"WAKE UP COUSIN, YOU'RE ALWAYS SLOW! SLOWER THAN A TURTLE!" Dudley yelled.

'He didn't even know that turtles still could run, well... it only adds the reason that his brain works slower than a sloth' Tanjiro kept the thought for himself.

He actually didn't mind telling Dudley about what he thought, because Dudley always needs a few minutes to understand Tanjiro's insult, and when he understood it, Tanjiro had already eliminated his existence from Dudley's line of sight.

Then there were sounds of Dudley's footstep from the stairs above Tanjiro, the footstep's sound faded when a sound of the kitchen's door being closed roughly.

Sighed, Tanjiro got out of the bed and started looking for a hoodie. He found the checkered hoodie under his bed and, after shoving a spider off of it, put it on. He had already get along with spiders because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them. He came out of his cupboard and tried to drag his legs to the kitchen.

Tanjiro thought about his earlier dream. That was the first dream that involved both the word 'magic' and 'nightmare' at once, every dream that involved magic had always been a sweet dream before, something like riding a flying motorcycle and chasing chocolate with the shape of a frog. He had never had a nightmare, even if he did, his real-life would still be worse than the nightmare itself. But when recalled tonight's dream, he realized that something such a nightmare does exist.

Tanjiro always wondered about all of his strange dreams that usually involved something strange that people called 'magic' in it, or at least 'freak' for the Dursley family -the family he had live with for as long as he could remember-. Although he knew that everything could occur in a dream, he couldn't deny the fact that those strange things weren't just happening in his dream.