2nd Chapter: Letters

╒═══════ Letter ══════╕

/ˈletə(r)/

a written, typed or printed message that is put in an or attached to an email and sent to somebody

╘═════ Oxford Dictionary ═════╛

'huh? why am I here again?'

Tanjiro had never gone too far from Surrey -well, he thought he never- but the scenery in front of him was way too familiar and... welcoming. It seemed like a park, a simple one. The wind blew the branches lightly, bringing the leaves and warmth of spring with them. Colourful flowers popped out among the grass. Squirrels collected the acorns, actively jumped from one branch to another. The birds' singing could be heard from the canopy. Everything seemed in harmony... until a yell shake them a little.

"Nii-chan!"

He turned around, averted his gaze from the scenery, there, in front of a house's gate, a little girl clumsily moved her legs, brought her tiny body closer to him, a wooden toy seemed to occupy both her hands.

"Mite! mite!" (look! look!)

A large smile plastered on her face, swinging the wooden toy that clasped between her fingers.

'who? did she just speak Japanese?'

Abruptly, strong wind blocked his view of the little girl. The red-haired boy startled, swiftly covered his nose because somehow the wind brought a wicked smell with them.

The redhead opened his eyes to find himself laid in his usual cupboard, a real wicked smell prickling his nostrils. He went out of his cupboard immediately, feeling grateful that he didn't have to be cooped up in it anymore, the boy wasn't sure how long he'd cooped up in it as a punishment, the escape of the Brazilian Snake earned him his longest-ever punishment. By the time the redhead was allowed out of his cupboard again, the summer half terms had started and Dudley had already shattered his new camera, splintered his drone, and, first time out on his racing bike, knocked down old Hisa-san as she crossed the street on her crutches.

But as soon as the cupboard door opened the wicked smell became wickeder, realizing its source was the kitchen, he went there, attempted to discover the source but stopped midway when the sound of a camera was heard from the living room.

'Hasn't Dudley ripped his camera?'

Shifting his direction to the living room, he found all the Dursleys gathered in front of the unused fireplace. Aunt Petunia held a camera and took pictures of Dudley, who was paraded for the family around the room with his brand-new uniform, completed with the stick. Uncle Vernon loudly claimed that this was the proudest moment of his life, Aunt Petunia burst into tears exclaiming that Dudley was so handsome and mature that she couldn't believe it was her Ickel Dudleykins.

Tanjiro stood silent, trying hard to muffle his laughter at seeing Dudley in that kind of clothing, but then a thought pulled him from holding back his laughter.