01.

---------------- Trapped  -------------------

"Sir, are you sure it's her?" One of his men asked Jay.

"Positive" Jay replied.

Park Luna

"Does it hurt?" Bae Jaehyeon asked me, as she examined my bruise.

"A little" I replied. 

"Does your dad even have a heart?" Jaehyeon asked me annoyed, as we made our way to the school auditorium for a special assembly for seniors. 

"I'm used to it Hyeon, it doesn't hurt anymore," I said, caressing the bruise.

My dad is the coldest person I've ever met. Though I've never seen him go to work, he says he is a businessman. When I was five, I witnessed my mom's coffin being carried. From then on, my dad lost the little emotions that he had. He never really asks me if I was okay or not, he just scolds me for getting a B and hits me if I get less than that. 

We have our graduation day in two days, and the school's giving us a farewell before we finally leave this shitty place. 

I'm not really nervous, because I know I did well. I was honest in every exam and I did all my assignments on time, mostly because of my dad though.

We take seats in the back row and make ourselves comfortable while the stage is being set up. The principal went up to the stage. No one really pays any attention to the old man but since this is the last day, we listened anyways.

"Good morning to the graduating class of this year!" The old-fogey said, and we clapped in an unenergetic way. 

"As you guys know, you will be graduating in two days! congratulations!" The principal said and we clapped again. "I can't express how happy and proud I am of you guys..." and he went on and on, too blind to see that half of the crowd had already fallen asleep.

Ten minutes passed, then twenty. Now everyone's asleep. I wonder if he ever gets hurt by this.

"Stay safe, and I wish you a successful career and a happy life," He said, and we all clapped, not because of his speech but because it's finally over.

{time skip}

I plopped myself on my bed after an exhausting day. I released a deep sigh. School is so exhausting. Thank goodness we're graduating after two days. I don't know myself what I'd do if this shit lasted any longer. 

I heard the door of my room being opened aggressively. I look up to see my dad in his usual annoyed expression. 

I sigh. What was I even expecting?

"Don't you have any manners, Park Luna?!" My dad screamed, "I'm here in your room and yet you don't have the respect to get up?"

"Dad, I had a really tiring day at school. Could you let me rest for some time?" I said, sitting up on my bed.

"What about your part-time job? Why are you here instead of being at work?" my dad said. Didn't he hear what I just said? 

"Dad, I said I'm tired, can we please skip today? I'll tell the manager that-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOUR DUMB EXCUSES, GO TO YOUR JOB RIGHT NOW!" 

"dad, please-"

"I SAID GO!"

I sighed and got up to go to my workplace.

***

I made my way outside the gates of my house, plugging my earphones on the way. I quietly jammed to the music while walking to the place where I work part-time.

The place where I work is a 24/7 cafe. My dad put me up to this because he said his business is low hill currently. As much as I hate working there, I don't have a choice. Comparatively, my dad's mood was cooler today than the rest of the days. Usually, he hits me if I deny his orders. And besides, I have to feed my dad and myself.

Could life get any harder?

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't see before me and bumped into someone. 

"I'm so sorry," I said, bowing 90 degrees to the stranger, while he just stared at me. He was wearing a black mask and a black cap so I couldn't see his expression whatsoever.

I could see his eyes though. It was as if he was searching for something in me. I don't really know what or why, but that's what I felt. His gaze penetrated deep into my soul, which kinda creeped me out.

He went on his way, without even apologizing and staring at me as if I killed his cat or something. 

Strange.