14.

There are two things you need to know when you get kidnapped. One, you can't expect anyone to come and rescue you (even if it is your crush) and two, if they kill you, you die. In other words, it's hopeless.

It's been 24 hours and yet Jay hasn't come. He's probably still mad at me. But he sounded so desperate yesterday on the phone. All I can do is pray he comes. What if he asks me why I said what I said that night? What will I say? I was out of my mind. I was insecure. I didn't know what I was doing. 

That'll make me look even more dumb in front of him. I hope he pities me when he sees the cuts and burns on my body and takes me back home. 

I was tied to a huge metal rod and my hands and feet were tied together behind. Without any food or water, I was loosing the energy I had left. My breathing slowed every minute. 

And with the timely beating I got from my father, it got even worse. Every hour or so, he'd come with an electrocuted wire and whip it on my arms. Screaming wouldn't help. He'd said it was to make up for every hour Jay didn't come. 

"Can I please get some water?" I said to one of my dad's men, trying to sound more desperate than I already was. The man was supposed to keep an eye on me. He was cleaning his gun and was least bothered about me, as if tied up prisoners was an everyday business, and he was sick of gaurding.

"Sure" the gaurd said. 

He got up and picked up the water bottle from his table and proceeded to walk towards me. He opened the cap. 

"Here" he splashed the water on my face. 

With my drenched face and hair, I started sobbing for the tenth time this day. The gaurd walked back to his table and sat on his chair. He went back to cleaning his gun.

The room was small with only the gaurd's table. There was a small slit for a window but that was all. Air barely got in which made it even more suffocating for me. The metal rod that I was tied to looked heavy. It was attached to another metal stand on which my legs stood. 

"Looks like your boyfriend isn't going to come," the gaurd suddenly said. 

"He isn't my boyfriend" 

"Oh, what a tragic love story! I hope that boy remembers you when you get killed" 

I released a shaky breath and gulped hard in order to not cry. Was Jay even coming? I had lost all hope. There was no saving me. 

Suddenly, the gaurd got up from his chair and slowly walked towards me. He constantly remained his eyes on me, which got a sweat trickling from my forehead. 

"W-what do you want...?" I asked, but the man simply gave an evil smile and kept walking towards me, until his face was inches away from mine. 

Outside, I could hear some shuffling of feet and indistinct voices. There were some whispers and shushing but I couldn't make any of them out. 

"Since there's no one saving you...how about we play for a while before...your dad kills you?" The man whispered in my ears. My palms started getting sweaty and despite the humid atmosphere inside the room, I started shaking.

"G-get away from m-me" I managed to say. But the man smiled at my words. "Very tragic" 

He sniffled my hair and brought his hands on my shoulders. His filthy hands travelled to my collarbone and stopped at the botton of my blouse. 

"STOP IT!" I shouted at his face with all my might. His evil smile remained on his face and his fingers played with the botton until he opened it. 

The burns on my arms started feeling even more painful. I tried to untie the rope that was tied to my hands. 

"There's no escaping, darling," the gaurd whispered. "All I wanna do is have some fun with you" 

Then, he stuck his hands below my shirt. I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

Suddenly, there was a loud gunshot from behind the gaurd. The gaurd stared at me dumbstruck. His hands lolled out from my shirt and he fell on the ground. 

I stared at the lifeless body fallen on the floor, drenched in blood. Then from my peripheral vision, I saw a black figure moving. I turned my head around to see the figure and suddenly, I wanted to cry. 

"Jay!" I sobbed as he walked towards me. He locked his eyes with mine, but his face was expressionless. 

He got behind the metal rod and started undoing the knots with his swift hands. There was an intense silence between us. 

As soon as I was free from the tight ropes, I stumbled and lost my balance. But before I hit the ground, a pair of arms wrapped around my body and brought me back on my feet. 

Jay's arms were still around mine when he made me turn towards him. He looked all over my burnt marks and his eyes started getting teary. He sighed. 

"I'm sorry," Jay said, pursing his lips into a thin line. "I'll make these go away. I promise" 

I stared at his teary eyes. Tears rolled out of my eyes and I was instantly engulfed inside Jay's arms. I cried into Jay's chest as he rubbed my back. 

Even though my energy had drained completely and I was struggling to stand upright, I held myself together, for the sake of Jay. 

"Let's get you out of here," Jay said, pulling me apart from his hug and looking at me in the eye. 

"Not so fast, lovebirds" 

We spun around to look at the person standing near the doorway, holding a gun in his hand and pointing it towards us. He wasn't in his usual raggy clothes this time. 

"Yeonjun?" I gaped at him, my heart wrenching at the sight of him. 

"Shocked, my love?"