UNSAID | ACT XLIX

1 MONTH LATER, 8 DAYS
S E P T E M B E R, 2 0 T H

EXT. RIKUGI-EN GARDEN'S MAIN ENTRANCE — EARLY AFTERNOON

To KOYAMA, time had passed by rather quickly, but the awkward tension between her and GOSHIKI hadn't gotten any better. The boy had come in looking like a wreck the next day, and to avoid her, he sat at the front of the classroom. A few days later he had returned to his usual seat, but he rarely ever spoke to her unless he absolutely needed to.

This change in dynamic did not go unnoticed by SABITO and HAYASHI, but the girls decided to stay neutral and they continued to speak to KOYAMA. For that, the brunette was grateful.

KOYAMA tried to get used to the change, but that was most certainly an impossible task. So much stress it caused her, that it didn't go unnoticed by SAKUSA.

SAKUSA worried about the dark circles under KOYAMA's eyes, and the time she spent holed up in her room, as they were signs of her inner spiraling negative thoughts.

SAKUSA noted that cleaning, doing homework, and drawing, had become KOYAMA's safe pastimes. Nonetheless, he could see that these were routinely activities, and a change of scenery would benefit her mood for the better.

SAKUSA also noted that she spent less time around him, and he called her out on it; SAKUSA was made aware that her isolation wasn't because she genuinely wanted it, but because she feared that her stress would cause him irritation. To that, SAKUSA had only shaken his head with disbelief.

SAKUSA had fallen in love with the imperfect girl, and he had always been aware that she'd have gloomy days. Although he hadn't said these things out loud in the moment, he later presented his support in the ways he knew best.

He helped her often times with, reorganizing her room, folding the laundry, math homework, and even making an exercise routine perfect for her body type and need for better stamina. (And this is how SAKUSA found out that KOYAMA was extremely flexible, which then led to yet another amazed witness of his wrist trick).

So, today, SAKUSA willingly stepped out of his comfort zone, and invited her to spend the day out with him.

SAKUSA glanced down at the brunette, and this time, he wasn't surprised to see her already looking at him. Her expression was doleful, but in her eyes, he saw a bit of anxiety, and maybe a hint of curiosity.

SAKUSA
You look very
disconsolate.

KOYAMA
(Yawns).
I'm just tired.

SAKUSA
Once you're really
tired, we'll go home,
and you'll sleep all
you want.

KOYAMA
(Leans her head
against SAKUSA's arm).

KOYAMA
(Closes her eyes).
Okay.

SAKUSA
(Surprised)
Koyama?

KOYAMA opened her eyes and got off of him with abruptness.

KOYAMA
(Shy)
My bad.

The brunette couldn't have seen it, since SAKUSA was wearing a mask, but he was smiling. SAKUSA released a huff of air as he tried to suppress a laugh.

KOYAMA
Sakusa.

SAKUSA
Hmm?

KOYAMA
Do you ever feel
weird while wearing
a mask all the time
in public?

SAKUSA
No, not really.
I'm used to it
now.

KOYAMA
Like, I usually
wear one when I get
sick, and I get weird
stares and people avoid
being too close to me,
so I'm just wondering
what your experiences
have been.

SAKUSA
(Laughs).
I'm not really a germaphobe,
I just dislike feeling
dirty? I wouldn't
know how to explain
it honestly.

KOYAMA
Hmm, it makes sense
to me. It's like how
I don't like to touch
certain things that multiple
people use everyday, and
an example of that would be,
shopping carts.

SAKUSA
(Leans his head back
and spreads his arms).
Thank you. That's literally
what I mean! People are disgusting,
you don't know where their
hands have been!

KOYAMA and SAKUSA looked at each other with a spark of understanding in their eyes. It was nice for them to see that the other had similar thoughts on this particular matter.