The Bachelorette

Mondays were usually overwhelming at The Wedding Affair headquarters,

With most of the first time consultations scheduled in on that day since it's one of the most uneventful days of the week.

You don't find many brides wanting to tie the knot on a Monday, guess we all have the Monday blues hammered deep down in our systems.

Scarlette walked into her office with her orange juice in one hand and a bunch of lilies in another.

"Hey Susie, these are for you. I signed the delivery card." Scarlette stated.

Susan Miller was an excel spreadsheet in human form, and has been her personal secretary ever since she needed one.

"Umm... Thank you; I don't know who they are from.

Did the delivery man tell you the name of the sender?

What if it's for the Susan in the next block? You know how her stuff often ends up here." Susan asked, following Scarlette inside her office.

"Susan, slow down, Will you?" Scarlette added after setting her bag on her table.

"Yes yes I am sorry."

"Are you Susan Miller?" Scarlette inquired after taking a long sip of her juice.

"You know I am."

"OK then. Mystery Solved. The flowers are for you."

"Now let's get back to work, chop chop." Scarlette clapped her hands.

She looked out of her wide sliding sash windows at the sea of elegantly dressed Londoners heading to work.

Gosh! How she loved this city, Scarlette mused.

Her eye caught the mountain of consultation forms on her desk, and she dived right in.

After an hour and a half when she came up for air and looked at her watch, she realized she had about fifteen minutes before her first consultation meeting of the day.

And a clear desk which did not look like the remains of a tornado would definitely leave a lasting impression.

Her office line buzzed indicating a call from Susan.

"Yes Susie."

"Scarlette we have a Mr. Doose on the line from The Whitmore Hotel."

"Tell him I am not in yet." She sighed.

"We have already used that. This is his second call since morning."

"Tell him I got in and left again, and take a message for me please."

"Sure, also, your eleven clock couple is here."

"Send them in." Scarlette hung up and put on her happily ever after smile in place to greet her first consultation of the day.

--

The atmosphere at The Whitmore Hotel was nothing short of lethal.

Everyone was walking on egg shells throughout the morning, because no one wanted to cross Ryan today.

The CEOs office was avoided at all costs.

No one was willing to enter and suddenly be teleported from the land of the living to the one of the deceased.

Ryan hated the pounding headache, the minute he threw the first punch on Saturday night, he knew he would be spending most of his Sunday either in the ER or in the jail. And he sure as hell wanted it to be neither of the two.