Chapter 1

Delphine's pov:

He thinks...He thinks i don't notice the ways he looks at me.

On this day two years ago a man named Vladimir moved into me and my mom's small 3 roomed house, he said he was from Russia but anybody could tell that from his thick accent that wrapped around the vowels of his english sentences.

you see, the thing is, from the first time he looked at me with those dull grey eyes full of uncertainty and lust i felt my skin crawl and try to find a safe place from his crooked teeth smile that was stained possibly from cigarettes and coffee. His skin was blotchy and a cream colored tone which enhanced his visibly purple nose and his pale pink thin lips that needed a layer or two of chapstick to aid his peeling lips.

"Oh and this is my little girl Elle" my mom motioned her hand towards me to introduce the strange man to me "Elle this is professor Agapov, he is gonna be staying with us for some time while he works on his book about America that's going to be taught to little Russian kids" she said with a familiar flirty tone that she uses on any man that paid her attention.

The creepy man stretched out his hand to initiate a handshake so i politely shook it while trying to shake off the creepy felling i had while he was grasping my hand with his cold calloused hand "Nice to meet you Elle, you look dashing this evening" he said in his thick accent as he shook my hand "Thank you professor-" he chuckled that sounded like it was from the back of his throat "please you...and your mother may call me Vladimir we are going to be with each other for a while now, no?" i smiled awkwardly "yeah i guess so and its nice to meet you too" i said with clenched teeth.

My mom smiled warmly and didn't sense my discomfort "go on now Elle, prof- i mean Vladimir has to start setting up his room, and i don't want you distracting him with your nonsense" i nodded my head and headed up stairs and i swear from the corner of my eye it looked like he was staring under my skirt so i pulled down my skirt a bit and hurried to my room.

I hurried to my bathroom and tried to wash off the disgustingness that still lingered on my hands from having being touched by that weirdo "i can't believe this" i mumbled to myself while scrubbing my hands. Once i had washed my hands four times i turned the water off, i still didn't feel clean but it had to do for now because i already used a lot of my hand soap. i walked back to my room and flopped on my bed and slid my phone from my nightstand and texted my bestfriend Alexa about what just happened.

- The Next Morning -

"Elle get down here!" i heard my mom yell from my groggy state of being half awake. I quickly put on some sweatpants and walked down to see what she wanted "yes?" i said as i stretched "go take this to Vladimir" she placed a heavy tray of food in my arms " and make sure to tell him that i didn't know how he likes his coffee so i just put 2 creamers and 2 sugars and don't forget to be polite Delphine" i sighed, she knows i hate when she uses my full name "yes mother" i walked up the stairs while trying to balance the heavy tray in my arms and knocked on his door.

Vladimir opened the door with his hairy chest on full display and some sleeping pants on "hello little one, is this for me?" he said while trying to give me a warm smile but it just ended up looking like someone sewed the corners of his mouth upwards. i nodded my head "come in, come in" he said as he opened his door wider and motioned me to come in so i did hesitantly. i sat the tray down on his nightstand "my mom told me to tell you that she didn't know how she liked your coffee so she put in 2 creams and 2 sugars" i said as he was putting on his shirt " thank you and she did wonderful but i take my sugar how i like my girls...sweet like you" he said as he booped my nose with his strongly scented finger that i couldn't make out what it smelled like "o-oh...okay i'll tell her that" i said slowly and backed away to try to leave the room that felt like the walls were closing in and pushing me and him together.

i was one step to the door when i felt his hand grab my arm "no you're not, you're gonna tell her i said thank you, okay suka?" he said mincingly while tightly gripping me so hard tears started to well in my eyes "yes, yes, okay i will!" he let go of my arm and smiled at me like nothing ever happened " you can go now" i quickly ran out.

AN: Hey guys this is the first chapter of my new book which is inspired by the book and 1997 movie 'Lolita'...well duh! lmao anyways thank you for reading/voting lol. i also just wanna say i'm gonna be updating this story slowly and over time because of school and stuff :) also also this has almost 1,000 words ahhh lol