Chapter fourteen

"It'll be weird to live in the same place since we're dating," he smiled and took a bite of his pizza

"It'll be weird to live in the same place since we're dating," he smiled and took a bite of his pizza. Leo took me to one of his favourite pizza places in the world, not too far from his office, and ordered us a giant pizza with pepperoni.

Safe to say, I loved it.

"I think it'll be fun. Since we can see each other whenever," he winked at me, making me smile as I took my last bite.

"Who was the girl that came down yesterday?" He looked at me smiling.

"Still jealous about that?" I rolled my eyes. "I told you, I didn't fuck her."

"Then what the hell was she doing there?" He took a sip of his wine.

"One of my escorts," I nodded.

"I figured. So you wanted to fuck her?"

"Maybe," I wasn't mad that he wanted that. We weren't together. He had all the rights. But it made me uncomfortable. Maybe slightly irritated on the inside since I wished to be her. "I didn't do it because she wasn't someone I wanted apparently."

"So why did she stay?"

"She was eager to do it but after I refused, she said she wasn't leaving so I let her stay in the other guest room," I nodded.

Sure, whatever.

"Alright," he looked me in the eyes and stared at me. "What?"

"Nothing. You're just... her," I kept my eyes on him.

"Her?"

"The girl I saw in Paris," I smiled. "Yep, you're her."

"Just from that?" He nodded. I was startled by the fact he'd remembered my smile from seven years ago. It was the most simple thing and yet it was engraved in his memory almost permanently.

"I'll be right back," he stood up, walked over to me and leaned down to kiss me before he walked away towards the bathroom.

It felt surreal. Leonardo Russo. The guy that I had apparently met years ago, was with me. Was dating me, in fact. My husband's biggest enemy was now my possible boyfriend. The man that would help me start my life from scratch.

I looked through the window right beside our table and looked around the street. The roads and sidewalks were old but they gave this place a nice and authentic feel.

My eyes went to the right, where I noticed a man in all black. My eyes immediately widened when I noticed that it was the same man from the hotel. He turned his head and I was able to quickly turn my head away before he could see me. Or worse, recognise me.

Was I identical to the past Aella? No. My face was very much the same but the glasses made a huge difference. It seemed as if the glasses changed some features on my face. They  successfully hid my eyes or the glim of them when I wore the glasses. But it wasn't that hard to recognize me if you knew me well.