Chapter 10: All Or Nothing (Rogue/Nightcrawler)

(Rogue and Nightcrawler are seen defeating some Regime Soldiers as most of them withdraw.)

Rogue: They are... retreating?

Nightcrawler: This must mean Luthor's plan worked.

(Then Black Widow comes in)

Black Widow: Yes, it worked. But... (sighs) he died...

Rogue: What?

Nightcrawler: Kryptonite was supposed to make Superman weak.

Black Widow: Hawkgirl killed him, and helped Superman escape.

(Then the trio returns to the Insurgency Base. As they return, they see two Batmen)

Rogue: Oh, you saved your counterpart.

Batman (Insurgency): It was a hard mission. But thanks to your mom, my nephew and Green Arrow, I could make it without being detected by Clark.

Jaune: Have you heard about Luthor's death at the hands of Hawkgirl?

Rogue: Yes, we heard.

Nightcrawler: What will happen next?

(Then Batman sees a footage of Luthor's employees being caught by the Regime Soldiers)

Batman (Insurgency): It looks like the Regime Soldiers have caught Luthor's employees. Rogue, Nightcrawler. Go and try to save them.

(The duo nods in agreement and go to the location. Rogue is then seen in her bike as Red Hood suddenly comes in riding his own bike and chases her.)

Rogue: Oh, get serious.

(Red Hood tries to shoot Rogue, but she goes left and avoids the shots.)

Red Hood: Not bad.

(Then he throws a grenade, but Rogue jumps off her bike in order to avoid the explosion. Red Hood jumps off his bike and tries to hit her with a knife, but she counters with a knee strike in his belly)

Rogue: Bad boy!

Red Hood: So Bruce married to a criminal this time

Rogue: Ex-criminal! My mother redeemed herself before this Regime thing started!

(They fight. Red Hood explains that he joined the Regime because Superman did what Batman refused to do. Enraged, Rogue goes all out and drains half of his vital energy before knocking him out.)

Rogue: Superman is not a hero anymore!

(Meanwhile, Nightcrawler reaches the location and sees the Regime Soldiers, but before he could attack them, he is tackled by Hawkgirl, but teleports and kicks her back, making her fall down while landing on his feet.)

Nightcrawler: I will avenge Lex Luthor!

Hawkgirl: Luthor is a traitor! He deserved to die!

Nightcrawler: At least he had his reasons to betray Superman and his dictatorship!

(They fight. Neither of them had advantage at first as both fight with no remorse. But after Nightcrawler takes Hawkgirl's Nth metal mace, she gets completely defenseless and subsequently knocked out.)

Nightcrawler: Hawkman would be ashamed of you now!

(Then Rogue comes in)

Rogue: It looks like he came.

Nightcrawler: He? Who?

(Rogue then points at Sinestro as he is seen talking to the Regime Soldiers)

Sinestro: Those I've gathered here are the elite. The best and bravest soldiers this planet offers. Yours is a Heroic mission. It requires that you transcend your humanity. Embody the highest One Earth principles: Obedience. Order. Control. But those who defy the High Councillor's commands. They will be executed without qualm or hesitation.

(Sinestro shows six former members brought by the guards to be executed.)

Rogue: He loves to hear himself talk.

Nightcrawler: Surely he does.

Sinestro: Firing squad, assemble!

(The firing squad did as they were told as they were about to shoot them.)

Rogue: I don't think so.

(Rogue tackles Sinestro while Nightcrawler disarms every single Regime Soldier as he is surprisingly aided by The Flash.)

(Rogue is seen still tackling Sinestro and throws him close to the abandoned Wayne Manor.)

Sinestro: Annoying human scum!

Rogue: Evil racist alien!

(They fight. Sinestro doesn't hesitate to make a scene, but Rogue was brave enough to bring the leader of the Sinestro Corps down.)

Rogue: You don't scare me!

(Then she takes Sinestro's ring off his hand and destroys it.)

(Meanwhile Nightcrawler is seen shaking hands with The Flash.)

Nightcrawler: Thanks, Barry!

(But then Killer Frost comes in)

Killer Frost: Hal warned me about your treachery!

Nightcrawler: Go, Barry! I'll take care of her!

(The Flash nods and runs. Killer Frost tries to attack, but gets kicked by Nightcrawler)

Nightcrawler: You'll have to go through me first!

Killer Frost: With pleasure!

(They fight. Killer Frost goes all out against Nightcrawler, but thanks to his experience against his teammate Iceman, he could hold his own and manages to defeat her.)

Nightcrawler: (communicates) Batman, mission accomplished!

Batman (Insurgency): Can you explain what The Flash is doing here?

(Then he teleports to the Insurgency Base)

Nightcrawler: Look, Batman. Barry is not sided with Superman anymore. He helped me to disarm the Regime Soldiers and told me about what Superman is planning.

(This catches Batman's attention because Superman didn't accept defeat.)

(What are Superman's next plans?)