♯ | 004

chapter four
DAILY LIFE

you were on your way to talk to speak to lily, hoping to ask for a few more books

"thalia, don't you think the princesses are so adorable?"

you heard two maids striking small talk as they hung the laundry. you paid no mind to it as you thought eavesdropping was rude, but that changed if you were specifically mentioned.

"i think so too, but.." the maid with blonde hair sweat, contemplating. "hmm..doesn't princess f/n come off as a little..how do i put it — gloomy? for her age, i mean."

"oh, now that you mention it, she does seem kind of lifeless next to princess athanasia. i wonder why she ended up like that."

"she's got great manners, but when it comes to princess athanasia's bright personality and smile, i'd say it cannot compare."

'i detect no lie here — athanasia is a cute child.' you thought.

"excuse me? what do you think her highness would feel if she heard you speaking ill about her?" lily stepped in. "both of the princesses are wonderful, so please do not talk badly about them."

the maids clearly meant no harm, but they understood their mistake.

"we were in the wrong, lilian."

"we apologise."

'it's fine if they don't like me, they're not obligated to.'

it seemed like lily noticed your presence. "your highness!" she jogged to catch up to you, panting before taking your hand into hers.

"lily—"

"shall we go and find new books?" she smiled as she lead you through the hallway.

"yeah."