𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

For a brief moment both Willow and Ethan just stare at each other.

Ethan wondering wether Willow is speaking the truth and actually wants to offer him shelter for a couple of days.

Willow wondering how her mouth managed to be quicker than her brain yet again.

"Really?", Ethan breaks the awkward silence with the careful question not yet wanting to get his hopes up.

Willow can see the desperation, the flicker of hope behind his eyes that pleads for her to say yes, whatever it is to take him away for a little while.

"Yes", a smile is again spreading on Willows face, now mirrored by an equally as happy one on Ethans.

The air outside is chilled by the wind coming from the sea and Willow zips up her raincoat, Ethan follows her to the bike she had abandoned when she arrived at work this morning, his eyes checking his surroundings.

"I think they all left", Willow tries to calm him but he stays on edge, his shoulders tense when he walks next to her on the sidewalk.

"Need to get some stuff at your hotel?"

"No".

He points to the two bags of shopping that he is holding in his hands, explaining to her that anything else he still needs, like a toothbrush, he could just get at the shops.

Willow wants to know why he is so desperate to get away from his life, but realises there is no point in trying to push him to talk, just in the few hours she got to know him she knows that he is going to shut her out the more she tries to get him to talk to her.

Maybe soon enough he'll trust me enough to talk.

The walk back to Willows flat is long and filled with mindless conversations, Willow is asking questions about Italy, explaining how badly she wants to go and try all the good food Ethans country is famous for.

Ethan laughs at her pronunciation of the dishes and tries to get her to say them right, with little to no luck, languages have never been Willows strong suit.

Texting Ada and asking for her permission to let someone stay in their flat, Willow also remembers to tell Ethan about Pip.

The cat welcomes both of them with loud meows, complaining about being left alone for the day and majority of the evening.

Demanding cuddles from Ethan and impatiently waiting for Willow to feed her in the kitchen.

"She is a diva", laughing Willow throws the empty cat food can into the trash and washes her hands.

Ethan smiles and watches the cat gulp down her food.

Leaving Ethan in the little living room, Willow starts to prepare Ada's bedroom for Ethan.

Her redhead friend had reacted like Willow expected her to do, she was happy help even though she is not physically there to do so.

Putting new sheets on the bed, fluffing up the pillows that have been untouched in over a week and quickly wiping some of the surfaces to get rid of the thin layer of dust, Willow works her way through the room.

From the living room she can hear Ethan talk in a hushed voice, again a hint of desperation is laced in his words, no need for Willow to speak Italian to understand that.

What is it that got you all worked up?

Her mind occupied with various reasons why Ethan might possibly feel so upset, a break up or fight are the main events the girl came up with,she is startled when Ethan suddenly appears in the door frame, long hair hanging in his face.

"Can I help you?", he asks and scans the room, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear, chipped black nail polish catches Willows attention and she makes a mental note to herself to bring him some nail polish from the store so that he can repaint his nails during his stay.

Willow shakes her head at his question, making a sweeping gesture with her hand she introduces Ethan to Ada's room.

After reassuring him again that Ada does not mind him staying, Willow leaves him to change into some of the clothes he bought earlier and also orders him to write her a list of things he still needs her to get from the store.

He protests at that but only half heartedly, secretly happy that he won't have to leave the flat and let Willow do the shopping.

In the kitchen,Willow scans the cupboards for something edible to cook and comes to the devastating conclusion that she forgot to do her shopping.

Finding some crackers and a half eaten packet of Walkers crisps, that she smelled and deemed still edible Willow places them into a bowl and then proceeds to heat up a can of baked beans.

Giving him quite the culture shock there Willow.

"You want a drink? Somehow we are better stocked with drinks than food tonight", she chuckles and waits for Ethan to answer, smiling when he asks for a beer or a glass of wine anything with alcohol.

Balancing two glasses of a supermarket brand, white wine, Willow carefully places them on the couch table and shoos Pip away from the hot bowls of baked beans.

"Dinner is served, surely not what you're used to but it'll do for tonight", she grins sheepishly and points at the sparsely set table.

"Thank you", Ethan really means it, he doesn't mind that the crisps are a little stale or that the beans are not his favourite food to eat, he is just grateful for Willow letting him stay.

They eat in silence, from time to time Willow is tempted to break it by asking a question or blurting out some random fact but before the words can leave her mouth she quickly takes a sip of her wine or stuffs a crisp into her mouth.

Let the poor guy eat in peace.

"I owe you an explanation", he finally murmurs and he doesn't meet Willows eye when he places the bowl back on the table and starts fiddling with his hands.

"Not ready yet to talk about it?", gently Willow tries to show him that there is no reason for him to force himself to talk to her, she won't kick him out for it.

He nods, slowly and his hair falls into his face again, hiding it behind a dark curtain that Willow would love to just brush away.

"I guess I just need some time to think and not be chased and yelled at by people", he continues.

"A hideaway", Willow blurts out and when he sees his confused expression and figures he doesn't understand what she's on about she elaborates.

"A hideaway is what you need, a place to hide and where you can regain your energy and workout how things are supposed to continue".

He smiles, only a little bit but Willow catches herself being proud of herself for making him smile again.

"Right, a hideaway that's what I need".