SMILE

My name is different in this world, my appearance, my origins and I myself, am different.

My past life as Angel, was spent with the most loving and caring family, they were all I ever wanted, I remember those nights I'd spend in their room, sleeping peacefully between their arms, the nightmares that would disappear as soon as I heard those muffled whispers they made, my father who would wake up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for my mother, and I, who would act as a waitress serving them, just to see them smile.

It was truly a loving family,

But everything went down in flames,

And it was all because of me.

That incident left my mother handicapped, unable to move her legs again, and in the midst of that wild fire, my dad had turned to nothing but ash.

-

I was drenched from head to toe, my bag became heavier and my feet were numb, It was the third time this week, I wondered what kind of excuse I'd tell mom when I got home,

My bag fell in the river by accident,

I slipped beside the school's swimming pool and fell in the water,

We had a water fight and I lost,

...

I was running out of excuses, and surely she'd get more suspicious by the days, but I could never bring myself to tell her, she'd get sad, and I want to see her smile, Always.

"I'm back!" along the concrete floors, I could hear the squeaking sound of her wheelchair,

"Angel! You're...back"

That small hesitation was my queue,

"Ah! This, don't worry about it, we made a bet and I failed again,"

"Dear, your friends are very enthusiastic, it's the third time this week, and you should stop with the bets"

"I promise,"

Lies, they were my only escape,

"Don't stay there, come, I made your favorite soup,"

As normal as every day would go, after dinner and washing the dishes, I'd hastily rush to my room and quietly cry, it was a normal every night routine, but this time, I couldn't close my eyes, so I decided to read something.

Just because the name was a bit strange, I decided to check it out.

It was my first manhwa,

THE REASON WHY RAELIANA ENDED UP AT THE DUKE'S MANSION

It was a really strange title.

-

"My lady, you've been staring in that mirror for half an hour, let's get ready for breakfast,"

Never had I thought that I'd be one of the characters in that same novel.

__

Corrections are a yes, english isn't my domain but i'll try. Let me know what you think of each chapter.