31- Parents

"Don't worry, Dream. I'm sure they'll love you." Now George was the one comforting Dream. "Unless you reveal our sexualities... then they'll hate you and so will I."

That got Dream's attention. "You'll hate me? Even if I accidentally told them?"

"It was only a joke" George laughed. "I could never hate you, Dreamie."

The nickname made Dream let out a small chuckle which calmed his moods until he glanced at the clock. "Oh God, they'll be here in less that ten minutes. How does my hair look?"

"Horrible." George answered honestly. "Don't style it like that, all slick back with gel. Just wear it how you normally do." George suggested as he began ruffling it up for him.

"George! You could've told me that, you were just going to let me meet your parents, looking like a total idiot." He yelled, running to the bathroom to find a mirror.

George followed right behind with a smirk. "Honestly I didn't realise how much you cared about meeting my parents." 

Dream was moving his hair in all directions, trying to get it to look right, but the gel made that difficult. Reluctantly, he resorted to turning on the tap and splashing the water all over his hair to remove at least some of the gel.

"That's a lot better. I love it when your hair looks more like this instead of all neat and fancy looking." George smiled and they made eye contact in the mirror for a second before looking away.

Dream grabbed a towel to dry his hair before a faint knock at the door was heard. He froze. "They're early!"

The two boys rushed to the front door which had already been opened by Karl. In stepped a very tall, lanky man with sunburnt skin. His hair was black and greasy and turning grey in some places. You'd never have guessed that he was George's father just by looking at him. Following close behind was a cheerful looking woman. She wore colourful clothes that clashed with each other, completely opposite to her partner's clothes which were almost all black. She looked overweight but in a sort of bubbly, huggable way. She was wearing bright red lipstick that had smeared across her face and, she too had very sunburnt skin. They had both likely not been used to the harsh Florida sun, and weren't careful enough with sunscreen.

Although the only thing Dream could think of when he saw them was 'homophobic, homophobic, homophobic' repeating in his head, he still smiled at them and took their coats.

"I'm Karl, I live here with George." Karl introduced and he held out his hand for them to shake, which they did.

"Nice to meet you. And you must be Dream?"

"Yes, that's me. Great to meet you Mr and Mrs Davidson." He too held his hand out for them to shake, immediately regretting it when he felt how sweaty they were.

"Please, call us Barbara and Eugene." It seemed that Barbara talked much more than Eugene because he hadn't said anything yet. "George has told us so much about you, Dream." At this, George turned away and blushed brightly, his mum not realising how embarrassing this was for him.

Realising what was happening, Karl decided to change the subject. "Sapnap and Quackity are getting back from work in around fifteen minutes, just in time for dinner."

"Blimey, how many of you are there." Eugene spoke for the first time with a very posh English, accent.

"Oh it's just us three and then Sapnap and Quackity." Karl replied awkwardly. "They're my... my friends."

"Would you like a house tour?" George asked, eagerly wanting to change the subject for the second time in the space of thirty seconds.

"That sounds lovely." Barbara smiled, showing her teeth, which also had lipstick stains.