chapter thirteen

I returned to the waters that day wanting to get away from him. I swam around the entire island until resting on my back, leaving the sea wash all my worries away. The sun has already fallen but thats when the waters come to life and the moon shines to guide.

"Hes true self has returned, you can go back." I opened my eyes to see Shadow floating above me. I rolled my eyes, turning away to swim away.

"It wasent him and you know it, Belle. He's eyes said it all." I sighed turning back to the Shadow.

"How do I help him, Shadow ?" He leveled out closer to me just not touching the surface of the water.

"You know who, has the answers. He's the only one to help you."

"He will never help once he knows it's for Peter. Anyway nobody leaves without Peter Pan's permission." He chuckled knowing I was very much right.

"Think, Belle. I expected you to be smarter than this." I burrowed my eyebrows together thinking it through. A smile curled on my lips when I realised what he was talking about.

When I looked back up at him, he's space was empty. I laid back down, relaxing before the soon to be long trip. A quite musical melody made me open my eyes already knowing who it's coming from, slowly diving under the surface.

My head slowly broke through the surface of the water to see the boy, sitting on the edge playing he's pipes.

"Hello Peter." Hes hair was messy and he's eyes tired. He lifted up hes head to look at, eyes filled with regret and sorrow. I rested my arms against the grass, resting my chin against the back of my hand.

"Belle I'm -"

"No don't, it's alright Peter. It wasent you." I smiled at him, water from my wet hair dripping down my face. He simply nodded, hes eyes drifting to my tail.

"Come on, I want to show you something." I moved away gesturing for him to come into the water, he raised an eyebrow very much unsure.

"No one will hurt you, that's a promise." Before I knew it, hes body splashed beside me.

"Peter Pan can take care of himself." He smirked at me and I could do was roll my eyes at him, things have been returning to normal like nothing ever happened.

"I need to do something but I need you to trust me and have your permission." Curiosity flashed across he's eyes, hesitantly nodding he's head.

I moved closer to him slowly running my hands up to hes shoulders, our faces only a few inches apart. I looked into he's eyes that softned, something that happens on very rare occasion. Carefully I leaned in pressing my lips against he's, something I've been longing to do for a very long time.

Mermaids kiss gives you the ability to breath under water.

He's lips moved in sync to mine, a burning sensation that I craved flowed through my body at he's touch sliding around my waist before I pulled us both under water to show him the real wonders of Neverland.

"Peter I need to ask for your permission." After several hours of roaming the underwater beauty and watching the little twinkle in Pan's eyes (which we argued about for quite some time.) I finally brought him back up.

"Permission for what ?" Hes messy hair were all wet, falling over he's eyes made me smile for some reason. It was probably seeing Peter finally carefree and not crazed with power or possessed.

"To leave Neverland."