Chapter 29 - Bombshell

"Did you get a slice yet? What about Todoroki? Did he get one too?" Uraraka asked y/n, holding a plate with a cake slice. 

"Oh! No, not yet." y/n replied to all three questions, shaking her head. Uraraka gasped and promptly grabbed another plate from the busy kitchen counter. She floated them over to y/n's hands.

"Then here you go!" the brown-haired girl cheered. 

"Aww, thank you!" y/n grinned. "And thank you, Sato!" she called out to the tall boy cutting up cake in the corner, who grinned and gave her a thumbs up. He'd made a big celebration cake for the Sports Festival after-gathering in the 1-A dorm. The rest of y/n's classmates were gathered around the kitchen and living space on the common floor, chattering excitedly about today's events and feasting on cake and snacks.

She walked over to Todoroki, who sat on one of the couches. He got up from his seat when he saw her and made his way over. 

"Hey, sunshine." he greeted calmly.

"Hey~" y/n greeted back, giving him a peck on the cheek. She offered a plate out to him theatrically. "For you, Mr. Silver Medal." He rolled his eyes slightly but chuckled.

"Thanks." he said. 

They walked over to the sofa where he sat before and plopped down. Y/n kicked her slippers off and sat on the couch, stretching out her right leg. By now she had showered and changed into some loose, billowy black pants, paired with a soft white wrap top. Todoroki wore a black t-shirt and some grey jeans, which he looked great in, of course.

"Mmm!" Y/n took a bite of the cake and swooned with delight. It was delicious!

"Wow. It's really good." remarked Todoroki, taking a bite out of his own slice. 

They sat together and enjoyed the cake for a while. She then noticed him rubbing his eyes and frowned in concern. She felt a pang in her chest, remembering how she blasted his eyes with sand in their match some hours ago.

"I'm sorry about what I did to your eyes before..." y/n sighed sadly, feeling bad. He shook his head.

"No, it's fine, y/n, really. I'm just tired." he assured calmly, rubbing his eyes more. He raised an eyebrow at her. "I definitely wasn't expecting that, though." he admitted. Y/n chuckled slightly.

"More importantly," he said, moving over closer to her, putting his plate on the side table. He delicately put his hand below her right knee, careful not to touch her ankle as he looked up at her with a warm, caring expression. 

"How's your ankle?" he asked softly. 

She smiled, feeling butterflies in her stomach from his gentleness.

"Oh! It's great!" y/n grinned, stretching over and pulling her pant leg up slightly to reveal some gauze wrapped around her ankle. "Recovery Girl healed most of it, I just have to wear this bandage for a day or two!" 

"Okay. That's good." he nodded. Todoroki sighed sadly, looking down to the side. "I'm sorry that it happened in the first place. If I hadn't flipped you so hard..."

"What? No no no, it's okay!" y/n reassured, putting her hand on his that rested on her leg. "You couldn't even see me after you flipped me. And you had no control over how I tried to land. How could you predict my random movements in the air?" she laughed. His expression softened slightly.

"I guess." he noted.

"Besides. I didn't even have to walk afterwards because you carried me." y/n smiled, squeezing his hand.