oh

Shrek woke up in an  unfamiliar place, surrounded by trees. “Donkey!” He called out, as if it’s a natural action to him.-and it is. His shouts were answered by silence. He felt anxious, Donkey would never not answer him.

Shrek thought about his wife and kids, getting agitated by the minute. He breathed in, attempting to calm himself.

He heard rustling from the bushes. Shrek instantly went into a defensive position, protecting himself with nothing but the will of needing to go back to his wife and kids.

“Hello?” a voice came from behind. Shrek quickly turned around, ready to attack.-and just as fast, he dropped his fists. His jaw almost dropped seeing the creature in front of him. Shades of green, much like his own. The stranger’s built was covered by shimmering, shining purple armor. Half of the stranger’s face was covered by a gas mask. Shrek’s eyes landed on the trident. He won't lie, his heart skipped a beat. He shook his head, he has a wife with three kids! Why was he thinking this?

The green stranger pinned his neck using the trident. Shrek’s mouth dried. Fuck, he thought. “Who are you and what are you doing here?”

Shrek’s eyes widened. Oh. He cleared his throat. Now that he’s standing, he realised that he was way taller than the armored figure. “Woah, easy there. I’m Shrek, uh, where am I exactly? Who are you?”

The shorter of the two squinted his eyes. “Call me Sam. Are you sure you don’t know where you are?”

“Yeah! I just woke up in the middle of the woods!”

Sam’s face didn’t give off any emotions. He took out a device, and  typed. The trident was still on Shrek’s neck. After he was done typing, he looked Shrek in the eyes, craning his neck a bit. His face (well, what was visible that is) was handsome, the ogre took notice.

"You're coming with me."

"Are we meeting the king or something?"

He looked at Shrek looking somewhat offended. "I'm taking you to the prison."

"Oh."

A/N : OMG 🥺 THIS IS MY FIRST FIC SO PLS SPARE ME LOLOL UWU AHA WONDER WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO SHREK NEXT OWO (/s)

a/n (/srs) : putting author notes r kinda fun lmao. If it isn't clear already, this fic is honestly a silent cry for help.