11 - Train Trackings

It was 4 o'clock already when Jungkook parked his car across an abandoned area of the city. Jimin had followed behind and his eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. Any logical person would think they are about to be murdered, but instead, Jimin trusted the younger was not a psychopath about to gut him and parked next to him.

The younger exists his car and Jimin's question pops up as soon as his car door closes. "Where the hell are we?"

"Can't you tell?" Jungkook raises his arms as if motioning toward their surroundings. "Welcome to Project Jabcho!"

Jimin's eyes widen. "Jabcho..? Dude I thought it was a myth."

Jungkook laughs at the informality as he starts walking toward it. "I'm surprised you know of it."

"I mean, all I know is that it was a fail." Jimin starts looking around at the train tracks that have been abandoned, how the familiarity only makes sense because of Jungkook. All around them were train carts empty, beaten down, another brand new and never used, some on their sides covered in bullet holes and he sees the pain it causes Jungkook to look at those specifically damaged ones, or rather feel it. "Wasn't it supposed to be a secret train system for drug deliveries?"

"Yup." Jungkook begins walking, holding out his hand for Jimin to avoid any rails that had been bent or any deep holes in the ground. Jimin is reluctant at first but takes his hand anyways. "It was Junmyeon's big idea, along with some of the other gang leaders. They started building it, Junmyeon had the Chinese police in his pocket, Soyeon's gang had the Korean, and Johnny's had an influence on the Americans that visited often. It was truly, the perfect scheme. Until other gangs that weren't under our alliance caught sight of it, started asking around, and well..."

Jungkook lets go of Jimin's hand and points at a scorched cart, one a couple of feet away riddled with bullets.

"They wanted in on the deal?" Jimin asks, but he knows it probably wasn't as simple as that.

"They wanted control." The sigh that escapes the younger lets Jimin's suspicions turn to certainty. "Mokpo's gang alliance didn't have the resources to pull anything like this off, they still don't and never did. It was envy that led to this."

Jimin lets go of Jungkook's hands and start walking towards the scorched train cart, wincing as he looks at it. "What happened?"

"What do you think?"

The blond barista can't even imagine--That's a lie... He can imagine the worst of everything that could have happened. People died, and suddenly, Taehyung's "I took a bullet for you," comes to mind.

"Yoongi's gang got caught up here," Jungkook shakes his head, his hair falling over his eyes as he sighs. "The poor potheads somehow ended at a gunfight. They weren't properly trained for this. There was nothing Yoongi could do while in another country so he left the highest-ranking member in charge, someone my age." He scoffs at the absurdity of it.

Jimin's eyes soften, "But this was a couple of years ago, wasn't it?"

The younger slowly nods. "Everyone... everyone Yoongi picks up is just like me and Tae, lost kids, ya know? Poor Yugyeom was just doing as he was told by Junmyeon. Back up and die for your alliance. Only he wasn't the one that died." The boy points to where Jimin stands. "Youngjae was shot straight in the eye right where you stand."

Jimin looks down beneath his feet and his eyes widen at the blood-stained cement he stands upon.

Jungkook then begins pointing at other spots where the grey cement has turned a dark grey, sometimes a dark brown. "Sunmin was 17, Soonbin was 16, Felix..."