13-Allegations

There was something strange going on in Taehyung's brain: Loneliness. It was most concerning, he never felt lonely, and he enjoyed being by himself. But for some reason, as he stares at his computer, playing Genshin Impact, he can't help but feel like a loser. It was, in fact, not the game he chose to play that caused this feeling.

The brunet puts on a headset and starts looking through the players online to request and join, maybe it would help. No username stood out to him, none of his usual online friends were on, and no level matched his, which was a low 27 since he had switched characters after receiving a new one a couple of days ago.

Then, someone requested to join him instead. HobiSunshine456. They were level 40 and mained a very different character than his, how strange.

Nevertheless, Taehyung let them join.

Immediately after the map reloads, the character in front of him is not even a top-tier character, it's a girl named Rosaria, and although her attack pattern is fast and easy to manage, her specials aren't very powerful. Taehyung just shrugs and decides to ignore it, not like his level 27 Barbara was any better.

He quickly types in chat: Mic?

The person responds immediately: Yup!

The two turn on their mics simultaneously and Taehyung is already moving his character. "Hey, what are you thinking of doing?"

The other person is quiet for a bit, their character just dead stopped after having been jumping up and down for the entirety of his time on the map. "Um... I don't know." The laugh he emits through the mic should have annoyed Taehyung, but instead, it makes him wonder who holds the sweet voice on the other side of the screen. "I was just bored and saw your funny username."

Taehyung chuckles as he directs the way toward a mission, thinking of his username being SuckiePeanuts90, "Yeah, I suck peanuts a lot."

"They are good protein, I won't judge."

The two laugh and without speaking, much other than 'Come on,' and 'Damn,' lose the mission altogether.

"Man, we suck." Taehyung sighed as he rubs his neck, he'd be frustrated on any other occasion, but as of this moment, he just wanted to figure out how to pass the mission.

"Actually, here follow me." Taehyung follows Rosaria on screen and the two are about to reach a camp of enemies when HobiSunshine456 speaks again, "You strike the big one first."

"If I die, it's on you." The boy does as told regardless, and quickly, Rosaria's character attacks with her special, and the character freezes. "Oh, shit, I forgot about elemental impact."

"Yeah same," The boy laughs and it makes Taehyung's chest grow, "I noticed it back at the other mission camp when we hit the mage."

"Smart thinking."

The two simultaneously hit the enemies, to a point that it becomes boringly easy with all enemies frozen in place. The two make their way to the original mission and sweep through each level with ease. Taehyung laughs every so often with the noises coming out of his team player's mouth. Short yet loud, "Oohs!" and "Yah!" as he attacks. The two finish the entire quest within an hour, a new record for Taehyung.

"Hey, we make a good team!" HobiSunshine456 laughs as he makes his character jump up and down again.

"Do you play anything else? I'm kinda in the mood to switch to something less..."

"Cartoony?"

"Yes!" Taehyung laughs and pulls out his phone. "You got discord?"

"Yeah, same username!"

Taehyung sends his request quickly, and at the same speed, the request is accepted. "What do you wanna play?"

"Hmm... I know it's kind of out of trend, but feel like doing Modern Warfare?"

"Read my mind!" Taehyung hears his new online friend chuckle, and the two begin playing.

Jungkook hears the laughing from Taehyung's room and he can't help but feel a bit annoyed. His worries over Yoongi's mission to uncover the snitch won over those of Jimin. They weren't getting anywhere...

The boy is quick to his feet and is out of his room and at Yoongi's door. "Hyung, I think I got something."

He hears rustling from inside before his guardian is in front of him, opening the door. "I was getting ready for bed, what do you want?"

"Jay Park, is he friends with anyone we have in our alliances?"

Yoongi frowned, "Jay Park? Of course, he does, couldn't even count them off for you, the man has his hands dipped in a lot of business to keep his afloat."

"Well, what would he have business doing at the tracks?"

"The tracks?" Yoongi's eyes widen, "What were you doing at the tracks Jungkook, I specifically--"

"He didn't see me, relax, just, focus." Jungkook's tone helps Yoongi calm down from yet another lecture and he continues, "Everything has been cleaned and picked up from there, the rules are clear, so why be there?"

Yoongi sighs, his eyes falling as he shakes his head. "Jay Park was never even on board with Jabcho... But it makes sense if he wants to revive the plan for other purposes."

"All Jay Park does is illegal... immigrant..." It's as if saying it made him realize, "Immigrants."

The guardian nods but then shakes his head, "What does this have to do with our snitch? I mean Jay Park getting Junmyeon arrested would place a huge target on his back, not only, knowing Junmyeon, he probably would have been on board for sneaking immigrants into cities, anything for the right amount."

"Maybe someone did this on his behalf without realizing, or maybe it's not immigrant work at all." Jungkook lets out an exasperated breath and it's as if a light bulb switched on instantaneously, "North Korean defectors. The tracks lead to the outer skirts of the country. Junmyeon has always been a keep-it-in-the-country business guy, right? He would have refused to let Park take the tracks for such a business."

"But this just too outlandish," Yoongi scratches the back of his neck, "Jay Park has always been ambitious and overtly passionate about certain things but this is... if this is what he is up to, it is out of his resources or price range. Knowing me and Junmyeon's ideal, he knows we wouldn't fund a project of such scale, especially with how insanely risky it is."

Jungkook just looks at his guardian, "So then you are his next target."

"If our assumptions are correct," Yoongi leans against his doorframe and nods, "That would be the case."

"You won't do anything about this until you know for sure, right?" Yoongi only nods, and Jungkook is quick to understand that if he were to make such allegations based on just the boy seeing him there and they turned out to be wrong, not only would it risk Yoongi's leadership and voice in the alliance, but a broken rule would be caught in plain sight. "I'll find your evidence."

"I trust that you will, and hey," Yoongi comes closer to the boy and looks over at Taehyuhg's door, "Your brother has a loud mouth and tends to jump the gun so, keep it without detail if you ask for his help."

Jungkook doesn't even question him, Taehyung has always been a lets-get-it-over-with type of guy. The younger boy makes his way to his room and begins drawing up a plan, forgetting to check his phone for any texts from his soulmate.