The Sinkable

TW/CWs: classist comments, death, peril, distress (tell me if i've missed any!)

Dawson:

⠀⠀⠀The air of the car was hot and wet-- difficult to breathe in when they were finished. It took a great deal of gasps for Dream to finally calm down. The surface of his skin was glistening with sticky sweat and flushed a dark red. His muscles ached numbly and his dirty blonde hair stuck to his forehead.

⠀⠀⠀With a thick swallow, Dream looked down at his partner, who was just as bleary-eyed as he was, if not more. The pinkette's hands were still firmly gripping Dream's biceps, trying to keep himself grounded from below him. The bright blue eyes of the other were half-lidded and unfocused, barely awake. Dark purple and blue splotches dotted Dee's pale chest and neck, a reminder of the euphoria that Dream was still reeling back from.

⠀⠀⠀The curls framing Dee's face stuck to the sides of it, dripping with sweat and mist from the boilers in the room over. The pinkette's face was neutral-- as if mentally, he was somewhere else.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, a-are you okay, Dee?" Dream brought his hand up to the other's cheeks, directing Dee's gaze up to his own.

⠀⠀⠀Dee's lips opened and closed, not saying anything for many moments. "You're trembling." He muttered plainly. Dream was, in fact, trembling (in excitement of course). Dream smiled softly at the other's concern, bringing their foreheads together.

⠀⠀⠀"I'll be alright, as long as you're here."

⠀⠀⠀Dee's lips curled into a small smile in return, nuzzling their noses together and licking his wet and swollen lips. Their breaths mingled in their close proximity, further warming up their already overheated bodies.

⠀⠀⠀With his mind slightly clearer, Dream wondered why they were here and why Dee had come back when he was clearly very against Dream's advances just earlier that day. Dream could tell that Dee's mind was very conflicted by the unsure look on his face, most likely caught between obligations and the want to be free.

⠀⠀⠀Dream stroked his thumb across Dee's cheekbone, worried about his... lover-- could he say that?

⠀⠀⠀"Why did you come?" He eventually asked. Dee's eyes flicked down to Dream's chest and blinked a few times.

⠀⠀⠀A foreign, almost mischievous smile made its way onto the other's lips as he looked back up at Dream. "I mean, it felt pretty good, so... what else did you expect?" Dee's voice was raspy-- and incredibly sexy.

⠀⠀⠀The blonde's eyes widened and his elbows gave out in surprise. Dream's face met the bruised chest of the pinkette. Dee grunted at the impact and brought his arms up to Dream's nape, giggling quietly.

⠀⠀⠀With a deep sigh, Dream hid his face in Dee's chest and mumbled, "You know that's not what I meant."

⠀⠀⠀"Then what else did you mean?" Dee's tone was flirty. The pinkette's long, pale fingers combed through Dream's dirty blonde locks and gripped the ends to wring out the sweat-- not dissimilar to how said pinkette had gripped Dream's hair when he had actually 'come'.

⠀⠀⠀The blonde propped himself back up on his elbows, not caring if his face was still flushed in embarrassment at the other's comment. "Why did you come back-- t-to me, that is? You sounded so determined not to see me again."

⠀⠀⠀Dee's lip jut out in a pout and his eyes went downcast. "I just wanted to be selfish for once..." Dee's blue eyes became watery and he sniffled, resisting the urge to cry his eyes out. "Is that so bad? I just wanted a taste of bein' free- I-I-" a harsh sob cut him off and he recoiled into himself.