19. Not so Empty Hallway

Izuku was sitting on Denki's bed with his knees pulled up to his chest sobbing quietly.

The yellow eyed male was sat beside him rubbing his back.

Denki felt bad, really bad. It wasn't fair the way that Katsuki had snapped at the little sensitive greenett all day and it certainly wasn't fair when he let those harsh words from the end of the night fall from his mouth, even if he knew his explosive friend didn't mean it. Denki had a soft spot for the greenett who had first caught his eye and he won't deny that if his long time friend hadn't gotten into a relationship with him first he definitely would have, but his friend did, and Denki may be a Dunce but he isn't stupid enough to cross that line and get killed by Bakugo so he is committed to be the best friend he possibly can be.

" Awe Mido, don't cry anymore. Bakubro didn't really mean that. I've known him a long time. Sometimes he says stuff without thinking but I can tell how much he cares about you and trust me when I tell ya that's something I've never seen till you. This game always makes him crazy, or more crazy than normal and the fact that Shiggy was putting the moves on you added to the insanity." , Denki said softly.

Izuku picked his head up and looked over at Denki giving a small teary smile.

He hears what his friend is saying, part of him believes it, part of him is full of fear and doubt tho, that Kacchan had in fact ment what he said about being single and the way the blonde had snapped at him was causing tears to well again because it's the first time he's ever experienced it from the firey quarterback.

As Katsuki rushes down the sidewalk twards the dorms his head is full of so many different thoughts storming through his mind like a hurricane.

He fucked up so many times today he lost count and that is something that just doesn't happen to him.

He knows he hurt Izuku more than once, the thought causing a knot in his stomach and a deepened scowl.

His chest begins to ache as thoughts swirl in his mind.

What if he can't fix this, what if what he said cut too deep and his already self doubting little shit actually believes the stupid words he let drip from his venomous tongue.

He knows Izuku, and he knows what he said out there has set him back, fuck Izuku had already asked him in the bathroom this morning if he was tired of him, he almost confirmed that little shits fears with what he said in a moment of anger and frustration.

Bile starts to sneak up Katsuki's throat as his stomach turns with the thought that maybe he pushed someone he actually loves away for good. The only one he has ever let in maybe the one he just pushed the fuck back out because he was an idiot today, flying off the handle all day at caring ,loving emerald eyes who only wanted to make sure he was ok.

He clenches his jaws, gritting his teeth so hard they ache in his mouth, something begins to sting the corners of his eyes and he can't believe he actually might fucking cry because it's something he hasn't done in years, especially not over anyone.

' Tch. You fucking idiot Katsuki.'

The firey blonde picks up his pace reaching the dorm doors jogging to the elevator. He reaches his floor and moves quickly to the greenett's door hitting on it a few times with strong knuckles.

" Deku? Let me in so we can talk this shit out ok?"

He listens carefully, his heart slamming into his chest the more he's met with silence on the other side.

He clamps down on his cheek pulling the greenett's room key from his bag unlocking the door stepping inside.

He takes in the room feeling his heart sink when he finds it empty. Of course Izuku wouldn't be there he knows Katsuki has a key and if he doesn't want to talk to him right now his room is the last place he would be.