1.

Three years since I graduated

Three years since I graduated. Two years since I broke up with my boyfriend of four years. 

Two years. 

It's been two years and yet it feels like it was yesterday. I thought he was my endgame, I thought we were it but seems like we weren't, apparently our relation was never serious and I didn't know about it till things ended between us. Mama told me I was too naïve to think he was it for me, she said he was never in love me and that I was imbecile to think he loved me. "Love ain't simple, lubov." she had said and I agreed love isn't simple. Frankly, Diego and I probably were  never in love, we needed each other and it was also just me hoping we were. I don't know why I was serious about a our relationship but I just was and that seriousness of mine got my heart broken in the end.

"Do you paint?" A voice asks in Spanish, interrupting my chain of thoughts. I look around and find a small girl smiling, point at my canvas.

"Sí." I reply. "Where are your parents?" I ask given that she was here alone and she's too young to be going around alone.

"Aqui No."

"Aqui No? How did you get here then?" I ask in Spanish. Not here? Where are they then? Did they let her go out alone? Or did she get lost?

"Will you draw flowers in my hand?" She asks grinning, instead of answering my question. Cute.

Smiling I patted her patted her head. "Sure, but you should tell me how you came over here, okay?"

"Okey." She grins holding her hand out, laughing I take her hand to paint on it. I came to Valencia Cathedral today to paint, I wanted a distraction, I wanted to get Diego out of my mind. I hate that even after two years he's still on my mind and the only thing that would get him out of my head is painting.

"Do you know what flower this is?" I ask as I did some final touches to pink azaleas I drew on the back of her palm. She shook her head. "It's pretty. What is it?" She asks her blue-grey eyes glinting.

"These are called azaleas. They symbolize love, affection and everlasting beauty. Like it?" I ask grinning at her.

"I love it." She says grinning.

"Good. Now tell me, who brought you here?"

"I came here with my tío Kai. He's buying me candy." She replies pointing at something behind the fountain.

"Why are you not with him? What if you get lost?"

"I won't get lost tío Kai will find me."

"Okay then, how about you go back to him?" Laughing I start to pack my things. "I have to leave now and I don't want you getting lost."

"Okey." She replies.

Grinning I pull out a chocolate bar from my bag. "This is for you." I say holding it out to her.