⭒ 2 ⭒

I turn around after stirring the vegetables to glare at my niece

I turn around after stirring the vegetables to glare at my niece. She wandered around on her own when I was buying her candies and got herself some flowers painted on her hand by some stranger. What was she even thinking when she wandered around on her own? I ask he to stay in the place but no she wandered around alone.

"Isla, if you walk around alone like this alone I won't take you out again." I state. "What if you get kidnapped by monsters or what if they eat you alive?" I ask pinching her nose. Her eyes widen at what I say.

"You said you'll make sure monsters don't get to me."

"I did but I can only do that if you stay close to me, if you wander alone on your own I can't protect you."

"Will monster come to our house?" She asks eyes wide, laughing I got our dinner to the dining. 

"No, they won't. They'll only come when you go out alone."

"Stop lying, I know monsters aren't real." Laughing I walk to her.

"Sure, monsters aren't real but there monsters disguised as humans out there. What if one of them get to you huh?" I ask ruffling her head.

"Then I'll come to you." She shrugs. "You said you'll protect me."

"That I will." I say sitting next to her. "Let's eat now and then I'll read for you, okay?"

"Okey but I'm a big girl now you don't need to read for me." She says with food stuffed in her mouth.

"Oh yeah? You're a big girl?" I ask. "Then I don't need to protect you from monsters?"

"I am a big girl but that doesn't mean you shouldn't protect me." She says with food stuffed in her mouth. Again.

"Okay, okay, don't talk with food stuffed in your mouth you might choke." I give her a glass of water.

After dinner I read Isla a book till she fell asleep, she can't fall asleep without someone reading her a book as either my sister or Juan always always read to her before sleep and since they died in that car accident i have been reading to her