Chapter Eight: Stand By Me

"Stand by Me" is a song originally performed in 1961 by American singer-songwriter Ben E. King and written by him, along with Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.

Last Chapter...

I gave into Boun many times that night, whether it was him inside of me or me inside of him, I let him decide.

After a while, my body became completely depleted but at peace, by the sight of him finally sleeping serenely with a ghost of a smile on his handsome face.

I vowed that night that I would do anything in power to help him get through this.

Hello, my lovelies, just reminding you all that this story visits the stages of grief, meaning Boun's precious grandmother will eventually pass away. That's when the meat of the story starts and how Prem and Boun's supportive circle helps him get through it with tender loving, care.

This chapter is an emotionally sad and very heavy one, if you're an easy crier, please grab Kleenex

Reminders

Tik – Yaai's Son/Boun's Dad

Tek – Yaai's Husband/Boun's Grandfather

Gan – Yaai's Trans Brother/Boun's Uncle

Boun Point of View

The moment I heard Pineare's inconsolable voice on the other end of the phone, I rushed out of my office, not even bothering to tell Earth where I was going. I drove home like a raving lunatic, swiftly weaving in and out of traffic, as I desperately honked urging other drivers to get out of my way.

Once I arrived at Shu-Sin Manor, my anxiety increased tenfold. There was an ambulance waiting outside. A very frazzled and emotional Pineare was standing between Sammy and Yacht while she spoke to one of the medics. I hopped out of my car and raced towards them.