𝟑𝟏| 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡

-𝐇𝐄𝐑-

His eyes focused on my face with a searing intensity. I could see that something was going on behind those eyes and it wasn't necessarily good.

"We shall go to LEVEL 1 then," He told me before turning around and walking out of my room, "Now," He added over his shoulder but that wasn't needed because I was already following him.

I was struggling to catch up to him as he went down the stairs and then down another flight of stairs into that room stacked with so many things. I was breathless when I finally stepped in LEVEL 1 behind him.

"What do you want me to do this time?" I asked him, sounding breathless while he arranged some papers that were scattered on the table. I already knew what he was about me asked me to do and for that, I had already set a price in my head.

Wasn't I a smart girl?

"You need to do two things this time," He said, turning towards me.

"First, I want you to find something called a screw gauge, and then you are required to put this place in order," He informed me.

I formed an 'o' with my lips to look surprised while I swept my gaze all around the room to remind myself again how big this place was. It was going to be a lot of work. I should definitely charge him more than I thought I should previously.

"For how much?" I asked, tilting my head at a side as I returned my gaze to him again.

"Eight pounds,"

"For arranging this whole place?"

"Yes,"

"What you pay me isn't sufficient,"

"I think it's more than sufficient,"

"That doesn't matter to me,"

"How much do you want then?" He asked me, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"At least 20 pounds,"

He clenched his jaw, "That's way too much for the work you are going to do," He told me sharply.

"No, it's not. This is a huge room and I am sure that I might have to end up doing extra work. It would at least take two weeks for me to get all the work done and besides, 20 pounds isn't much for a man like you," I noted, running my gaze from his head to toe while he watched me much more darkly.

"Twelve," He told me.

I shook my head, "Twenty or you could arrange this place yourself,"

"You will do it for Twelve pounds,"

"Make your butler do it then. I'd rather spend my day lazing around freely than commit myself to such hazardous work for close to nothing," I reminded him.

At this, something flickered in his eyes before he took a step closer to me. The darkness that shrouded his face made me swallow anxiously and lose my confidence for a moment.

"You know," He started, taking more and more steps closer to me, "I can make you do this for nothing. After all, you're my prisoner," His eyes swept all over me as he said that before they focused on my face with burning intensity.

Something stirred inside me.

Was it a threat?

Was he trying to suggest something to me?

I tilted my head slightly in order to look up at his face. It was just inches away from mine. Up this close, I could admire his beautifully carved features. As I looked into his eyes, I noticed for the first time that they weren't completely back— what I had thought earlier.

Instead, there were small streaks of grey here and there which were easy to miss if I took a step back.

"Make me then," I challenged with a smile tugging the tip of my lips up. His eyes flickered to my lips for a fraction of a second and stayed there for a while. Something even darker and dangerous flickered in his eyes, I was able to see it from up this close. For a moment, it seemed like the distance between us was lessening.

I could hear my heart thumping in my chest as I stared at his perfectly arch-shaped lips. I was almost getting lost in my thoughts wondering how they would feel like when those lips moved.

"You're going to get this work done for fourteen pounds,"

"Twenty for a whole month," I offered. He slightly tilted his head at a side, pondering.

"Alright," I was surprised that he agreed. Twenty pounds for a whole month? I was over the moon. I couldn't believe that this was happening! "Get to work now," He told me, taking a step back. I sighed deeply and asked, "Where do you want me to start?"

"First, you would have to find me a screw gauge,"

"What's that?" I asked him. He then proceeded to describe to me how it looked like but I miserably failed because I was more busy staring at him rather than paying attention to what he was saying.

"Did you understand?" He asked me. I shook my head, feeling more lost than ever. He cast me a vexed look before pulling out a paper and a pencil from a drawer under the table. I stepped closer to him to look at what he was going to do with those.

I watched with fascination as he drew the instrument for me. I was amazed by how he could draw perfectly straight lines without any ruler so confidently. Everything looked so effortless when he did it. There were no mistakes as he drew. All of it seemed to come to him naturally.

Soon, I was not only admiring his drawing skills but also his beautiful masculine hands and long fingers until my eyes fell on that ring. There was something dejecting about it.

"This is a screw gauge," he spoke, pushing the paper towards me. I looked at his drawing. It looked so perfect. "You need to find this now,"

"Where do I look for it?" I asked him before glancing around. The room was huge. I was pretty sure that there some sort of a sequence or a method that he used while keeping his things in order. It would be easier for me to look for it if I knew it. Otherwise, I would have to search the whole room.

"It should be somewhere in those two cupboards," He told me, pointing to the cupboards that looked slightly ruffled. They must have been searching through it before calling me.

I nodded but he was already gone.

_

Author's Note:

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow me

You could read up to chapter 38 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Updating schedule — Wednesday, Saturday

Thanks for reading ♥︎