All book 2 chapters from Prologue to Second chapter

PROLOGUE!

-----

Dave: I've tuned about 335 guitars, made a few dozen pizzas, rugby tackled most of the robots at least once.

-----

Dusty...

That is the name I've learned to use for the past 50-ish years I've lived. I'm not even sure how old I am anymore...

While reaching for my old flip phone I can see my strangely blue hand... I sigh in frustration knowing my body looks like shit already.

If I just had the money I would definitely get some therapy...

I get a few dollars since I work at a small 7/11 at night and I get a little more than the people working at day since it's the whole night. Not only that but it's also night...

You never know what to expect from the people living in this city...

I finally realize that the flip phone is in my hand. I sigh knowing my head easily gets distracted by my thoughts...

I flip it open trying to find out what time it is. It seems to be around that time to walk to my work again. Even though I don't really want to go today and just feel like laying on my bed...

I won't be able to survive unless I get some food...

Slowly getting out of the bed I can feel my frail body crack slightly. I feel so heavy but it doesn't matter now...

I grab my small pouch that I've hand-made just to keep my valuables. It wasn't too large, I barely get anything so why make it larger than it has to be?

While walking the floorboards creak slightly and bend easily from my weight... I'm really frail considering the fact that I barely get food to eat so it wasn't that I was heavy.

The cavern I was resting in was old and could use some help to become better. Since I am frail and my mindset isn't the best I can't fix the house on my own...

Right, the work! I need to go right now...

I've apparently just stood in front of my door with the handle in my hand not really moving.

I blink a few times before leaving the cabin that I call home...

-----

The town is not the best at this time... Right now it's around nine in the afternoon. I'm walking to work just in time before all the strange people come out to drink and party.

I also definitely don't want to meet any sex workers in this town...

I'm fine with sex workers, I'm just not into it...

Something strange is happening though to my left there are two people... One person seems to be badly hurt while the other is looking extremely worried...

The person who isn't as worried has a strangely mutilated face making me shiver slightly... They seem to notice me and I turn my head around and continue to walk forward.

The face was too scary... Both of the eyes were covered with eighter blood or dirt...

I realize that I am thinking outside of what I am supposed to do again... The world just wanted to fuck with me and give me the strangest brain...

The world was never in my favor... I've been searching for someone for a long time but haven't seen anyone that I'm looking for.

I finally am where I will work for tonight until the morning at six... I know that there will be shoplifters, drug dealers, smokers, and other people that I probably won't remember...