Prologue

From afar you might think this building is a ruined temple of some old forgotten god. But the closer you come, the more it sprouts with life. The shattered windows grow whole, the trees by the outer wall become a little garden, the destroyed tower restores itself like a mirage.

And then you will remember the gag many people were sharing, that in the hills of Amperland, on a rocky little mount, stands a school, The School of Tieflings.

It is simple, in this bulky style of carved rock bricks, as if the bottom of everything was based on a square and the top was a triangle. Not exactly Revenlandic, but very alike...

Three towers and one clocktower are casted in the corners of the rectangle building. There was also another little garden on the roof of the building, on a section of the fourth floor. The five leveled towers seemed to be just for decoration, but in fact were the last safe places if the school was attacked. In the clocktower, behind the mechanism that spinned the clock arms, was the lair of the old tiefling-lich, the principle of the school - Professor Septimus Avlac.

In this school there were mostly tiefling spawns, children left by their parents, or those who lost them. Prof. Avlac saved them, by different means, may it be by sending one of the teachers, or sending a letter to the poor child with one of the many ravens who lived in the Third Tower.

The children there were learning how to control their raw magical potential, they were learning the ways of wisdom and peace, as well as the ways of self-defence.

And as you tried to walk in, a pretty gentle golem would stop you in your tracks, shaking his head, not letting you in without an invitation.