akira

A/N: Hello👋

First off, thank you to everyone for reading my story, and thank you to everyone who has voted! If you like this story, you might like my other stories "Breeding Project," and "The Pure-Blooded Alpha." They are both Klance Omegaverse's and are completed stories. 

Okay, I'll stop with the self-promotion, but seriously, thank you for reading and voting. It means a lot to me to see you guys like my work.

Well, on with the story!

C/W: Language. Pretty mellow for now.

Keith and Lance made their way through the woods, but took a different route than the night before. Keith led Lance to a cave that had a string of nickel's plants covering the entrance, Lance only knew it was a cave because Keith gently moved the plants out of the way so he could enter.

"Wait there, I just need to change quickly."

"Huh?" Keith's only answer was to keep walking, letting the plants fall back in place behind him. Lance sat down on a nearby rock and fiddled with the grass. The sun was starting to set, so Lance guessed he would get home by the time it touched the horizon.

Keith walked out a couple minutes later, and Lance's eyebrows shot up to his hairline. He had his fingerless black leather gloves as usual, but that's where the similarities in his outfit ended. 

He wore tight black leather pants that had the sides exposed with fishnet. He had his usual brown belt, but the two pouches on the side were no longer there. His shirt was a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to just above his elbows, the collar unbuttoned to expose his collar bones and sculpted chest. And hol-ly fuck, was that a corset?!

Lance's jaw was hanging open. "Hhuuuuuhhhh..." Keith raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay, I'm ready to go," Keith said as he walked off and past Lance, like every guy can wear a fucking corset on the outside of his shirt and look that good. 

"Hold on," Lance said as he ran to catch up with Keith after admiring the wonders those pants did from behind, "why did you even need to change?"

"You'll see," Keith said right before shifting into his wolf form and crouching down so Lance could get on. Lance eyed the wolf before climbing onto his back, holding onto Keith's fur a little more gently than before, knowing Keith was conscious about Lance while he ran.

Keith stood up, starting in a walk, allowing Lance to get situated before speeding up, brushing glowing plants with his tail. The wind whipped and stung at Lance's face, rushing through his hair, smile plastered to his face.

This would never get old. The freedom of being able to just run, to see the woods at night in all their glory without fear. It sounded simple, but when you grow up in fear of unknown horrors told to you by others lurking behind you and watching over your shoulder, the freedom to run was like the sun shining after years of being surrounded by endless, unknown darkness. It was Keith's world, his life, and he was sharing it with Lance.

By the time Keith started to slow down, the sun was getting close to touching the horizon, normally white clouds painted blush pink. Keith came to a full stop, crouching down for Lance to get off before shifting back. 

"Uhh...?" 

"Don't worry, I help lead an organization of spies that are working to take down Zarkon, I know what I'm doing." And with that, Keith started to walk the rest of the way to the edge of the woods, the edge of Lance's home village.