Chapter 3 - Pressure

Days passed in a blur as Christmas approached. Wille ate meals with his parents, but no one says anything of any importance. The plan for Christmas was to have a small dinner with a few close family members, but nothing extravagant. Mostly, Wille kept to himself in his room or walking around the gardens. He wanted to run away from that place and never look back, but he was like a canary trapped, destined to not spread his wings.

All was going quiet about Wille and Simon publicly. People online and the press slowly, as these things do, began to forget. The world moves on so quickly but Wille felt stuck in the moment. The moment Simon left him to figure out all of this alone. He could not blame Simon for doing that, but Wille had no one. He wanted to talk through everything in his mind, but Simon is the only one. Erik is gone, August can't be trusted, and his parents don't listen. He had to figure it all out alone.

As Wille sat staring out his window, his phone lit up. No one had messaged him since he left Hillerska, perhaps too frightnened to. Nevertheless, someone had messaged him. As he unlocked his phone, he saw August's name, yet again apologising. Wille had just began to trust him before all this shit. After the video leaked, August was so supportive, but now Wille knew that was just out of guilt. Wille felt sick to his stomach as everything came washing over him. He ran to the bathroom, afraid he might vomit, but nothing. His breathing became shallow, tears swelled in his eyes making his vision blurry. He just wanted ot go back to the way it was. Private, simple, before August ruined everything. August may have leaked the tape, but Simon was right. It was unfair for everything to be on Wille's terms. He knew Simon needed to put himself first for once, he had done so much for Wille. It was Simons turn now.

Wille lay there on the bathroom floor, breathing heavily, trying to count the tiles on the ceiling. When his eyes wouldn't focus. He closed his eyes, hoping when he opened them that this was all a dream. Simon was there beside him, he wasn't a prince, they could just be themselves. Simon would sing a song to him; Wille loved his singing. The thought of the scene soothed him, while continuing to cry, lying on the bathroom floor.