Chapter 31

After this chapter I plan to have a lot of action and drama, so read on please! I thought of a good way for this story to go :)

Clarke's POV:

I gripped my hand firmly onto the lever so I could close the drop ship door. It would be much safer without the screeching of the wind and the freezing rain. I was about to pull it, when a booming voice came from behind me.

"Clarke, Stop!"

I looked over my shoulder at Bellamy. His face was a mixture of panic and guilt. I glanced at him in confusion. I needed to close the door, and soon.

"Bellamy-" I started, confused.

"Octavia isn't here. She must be in the forest. I can't leave her-" He started. I stepped towards him, my mouth open in shock and my eyes wide with concern.

"Wait, no. Bellamy, you can't seriously be thinking about leaving the drop ship. It's dangerous!" I protested fiercely. He could not go out there! I knew he loved his sister, but she was smart. She would have found some place to shelter. Bellamy couldn't risk his own life to find her.

I cowered down as the drop ship was covered in light. I shut my eyes as thunder crashed.

"Bellamy-" I started again, but when I opened my eyes, he wasn't in front of me any more. "For God's sake," I muttered lowly. I clenched my jaw, and stalked over to Jasper and Monty.

"Give me your gun," I commanded, beckoning to the automatic weapon slung over Jasper's shoulder. He didn't hesitate to obey me, but his eyes gave away his suspicion.

"Clarke! What are you doing?" Monty asked. I readjusted the gun, and looked at him, my gaze even.

"Going after Bellamy. He's trying to find Octavia," I said simply. "If him and I are not back in ten minutes, you close that door. Understand?" My stare turned fierce and athorative. They nodded, but they looked uncertain.

"You'll be killed," Monty objected finally. I paused, inhaling a shaky breath. I tried my best not to show my fear to them, but they were my friends. They knew me well.

"I need to find Bellamy. He's stupid if he thinks he can find Octavia in the middle of a storm. Close that door in ten minutes. Promise me," I snapped. They were quiet. "Promise me."

"I promise," Monty nodded, along with Jasper. I attempted a light, crooked smile before turning around and pushing my way to the entrance of the drop ship. I briefly heard Finn's voice call after me, but I didn't look back.

Soon I was out of the drop ship and leaving from my secret spot. I was soaked from the rain within minutes. I squinted, my breathing loud and labored from fear. My blood pulsed through me, but I forced myself to put one foot in front of the other. I knew I had to run to catch up with Bellamy. He had a good five minutes on me, so I had to get those back.

I stopped.

I spun around anxiously. What way did he go?

I bit my lip, thinking quickly. If I was correct, Bellamy would go to the river. That was where Octavia spent a lot of her time. There was a clearing near there that she had taken a fascination too.

I shook my head, laughing a little at how stupid was being. I took off at a sprint, my gun by my side as I pumped my legs harder, my breathing even more ragged then before. It was hard to see, and I fell to the ground multiple times, since I was unable to see the roots of trees and loose rocks.

I was positive I would have some bruises on my knees and arms from the beating I was getting.

I had been running for more than ten minutes when I just managed to veer around a massive tree.