Chapter nine: Breaking the Rules

Sarah carefully washes the dishes in the sink with a sad facial expression as a hard knock comes from the door.

"Coming!" Sarah announces politely in a loud tone as she clean her hands with the small napkin and approaches the door anxiously.

"Darling" Thompson calls out with a small smile and walks into the room.

"Honey" Sarah replies in surprise as she locks the door and follows her husband into the living room.

Thompson sits down slowly on the armchair and so did Sarah.

"Honey, you look so happy today" Sarah notifies with an anxious grin.

"Yes my love" Thompson pauses.

"I have some wonderful news for you" Thompson added with a toothy smile as Sarah adjusts closer to the edge of the armchair anxiously.

"I'm all ears my love"

"I have gotten a job!" Thompson squeals happily.

"A job" Sarah mutters ironically and looks at his direction happily.

"You have gotten a job! Wahoo!" Sarah squeals happily and loudly as Thompson exhales in relieve.

"Come home now" July mutters softly with a smile in a low tone as she stares at the Lamborghini car in front of her in admiration.

July enters into the Lamborghini cautiously as she sits down on the middle of the long soft seat; she stares side by side in the car while the chauffeur drives smoothly. July chuckles shyly in happiness.

"I'm so hungry brother"

"I'm tired of eating vegetables" Rose complains sadly to Damien as he attentively watches the news.

"Husband, I'm home" July said sarcastically as she walks into the living room holding a small attractive bag.

"Husband...?" Rose snorts mockingly and Damien stands up immediately facing July.

"You are quite early"
"Nanny will show you the new contract
" Damien said politely in a low tone and sits down.

"That's should wait"

"I baked some delicious cake" July informs lovingly with a bright smile.

"I don't really know what's going on here but I can't say no to cakes" Rose said bluntly and grabs the bag from July walking into the dining room, July smirks.

"Damien, it's for you" July informs courageously.

"I don't eat sweet things" Damien said annoyingly as he stands up.

"I made it!" July said vividly in a sad tone as she grabs his hand strongly, he pauses facing her emotionally while July stares deeply into his lovely eyes and handsome face in admiration.

"You are breaking the rules" Damien said softly in a low tone.

"Rules are meant to be broken" July informs impulsively as she walks closer to him closing the little gap between them.

"What do you want?" Damien asks politely while staring into her wonderful eyes.

"I want you to eat whatever I cook and pay close attention to me even if this whole thing is a contract" July said sadly.

"Money for bride, bride is fake"

"that's the policy" Damien explains politely to July as Rose walks in, on seeing the current state clears her throat nervously thus July and Damien awkwardly break away.