余年 | chapter two

『 lo$er=lo♡er 』

lo$er=loer

ONE STITCH, TWO STITCH, DOUBLE STITCH.

Being at the park again wasn't a surprise for him. His siblings loved to go anytime they got the chance. For him, he liked to stay inside wrapped in a blanket while watching a k-drama. He sighed and looked to his left. A bush with thorns as it seemed to twitch it's long thorny fingers at him, taunting him to touch them.

[Name] had enough nightmares, but they weren't about thorny bushes.  His dreams used to be filled with the usual stuff: falling to the ground till he woke up with a fright. Sohyun chasing him down for eating her snacks.  At a sneaker meetup to only find out they were trading waffles instead. 

Now?  He couldn't close his eyes without seeing men in suits chasing him down with bullets flying by his ears, the woods swallowing his figure up by the gathering dark.

He didn't sleep if it could be helped.  And he didn't bother listening to the voices in his head.  Why should he, when it wouldn't stop lying?

Yarn tangled between his fingers, he continued to finish his miniature mushroom. 

He wished to forget.  One stitch, two stitch, double stitch.  Think of something, anything else.

"So, you like mushrooms?"

He blinked.  What?

He lifted his head, it was a boy that seemed to be around his age, smiling down at him.  "Mind if I sit here too?"  He asked.  [Name] wondered how he didn't notice the boys presents before.  He nodded anyway.  "Thanks," he said. 

He would be lying to himself if he didn't feel the social anxiety crawling on his back just now.  He wasn't great at making conversation and knew he would make it awkward right away.  So, he pulled strands of hair over his eyes and pulled in his shoulders.  please leave, please leave, please-

"A coincidence that I like crocheting as well."

[Name's] cheeks flushed.  He couldn't escape this conversation now.  "Really?  My sister calls me a grandma because of it."

The boy chuckled. "I get called that too, sometimes. I'm Mitsuya Takashi, by the way." He held his hand out.

[Name] clenched the end of his sleeves before shaking Mitsuya's hand. "Choi. . . [Name]. . ." He looked into the teens lavender eyes, which his seemed to dilate just by looking at them. His throat became dry, eyes flicked left to right as if searching for something in his mind, his voice whispered lowly: