I'd never hurt you |chapter 6 - Cassie

Dang it, I hope he didn't understand what's going on. I'm wondering if he realised that my mom is not around. I don't even wanna talk about it; Especially with Rafe. 

I get a huge relief when I leave the house as breathe in fresh air. It feels so good. The windows of my room are locked and I don't even know where the keys are so all I can do is turn on the ac. 

We leave from the back door which as Rafe stated was open. Who knows, maybe he broke it. We get in the car and honestly all I could think about is my dad. He's gonna get so mad when he sees that I'm not home. I hope he comes home late so I can have time to go back to my room as if this all has never happened. 

"So where are we going exactly? I ask him with a curious voice.

"You said you were hungry so I'm taking you to the Kook area. Compared to Pogues, we've actually got a bunch of nice cafes in there." he smiles 

"Rafe please just shut up and drive." He smirks.

It gets pretty hot in here so I open the window of the car and pull my head out. The fresh air hits all over my face and my hair is blowing in the air. I smile and with music playing, I actually feel like the main character for a second. I slightly turn my head to see Rafe staring at me with a big smile. I feel very awkward. When he sees that I saw him staring, he quickly turns his head away and gets a serious face like it wasn't him who was just watching me. I feel like I'm blushing. I hope he doesn't notice it. I get my head back in the car and slightly press the button and slide the window up a bit. 

"I'm thirsty, do you have water in here?"

"Yeah just open the glove compartment in front of you."

My heart drops. 

"Holy shit Rafe" I say in a loud and a panicked voice as I open the glove compartment. His face turns bold when he looks at it. It's like he forgot it was there.

"Why the fuck do you keep a gun in your car? Why do you even have it? Are you planning on killing me?" I say in a panicked way while having the urge to get out of the car. Things add up now. Why would Rafe want to hangout with me in the first place. He wants me dead. But WHY?! As I think about it I suddenly feel like I can't breathe. I think I'm having an anxiety attack. I start breathing fast and rapidly while I feel like I'm about to choke.

"You're a fucking murderer Rafe." I scream out.

"Damn it Cassie! Shut up!" he shouts at me with the angriest voice as he puts his massive hand on my mouth. I feel a tear drop down my cheek then flow down on Rafe's hand. At this point I'm shaking. He pulls over his car and turns his head towards me while giving me a deadly look. I try to open the door of the car but he locks them right before I do. 

"Cassie I need you to calm down, yeah?" he says in a trembling voice as he slowly takes his hand off my mouth. Without making a single move I look at him in the eyes and let him speak.

 "Look I'm messed up and I'm sorry if I scared you. Sometimes I just lose control over myself." he looks down as if he's embarrassed to look me in the eyes.

"Whats important is that I would never do anything to hurt you, you know that right?" he says as he slowly raises his head and moves the hair away from my face. 

"You would be the last person that I'd kill." he says as he holds my face with his warm hands. Suddenly I feel safe again and relax my face on his hands. Was this his way of saying that he likes me? Is that even possible, like does Cameron have a heart after all? Nah I'm probably being overdramatic. He would say this to anyone...and I'm most definitely not special.