Chapter 1 {unedited}

"Mom, please! Just listen to me!" She pleaded. Her mom was walking away with her 57 Hogwarts letter this year. She grabbed her wrist.

"Please, mom! What's so bad about it?" She knew the answer before she even asked.

"The last wizarding war was there. It's unsafe and I think I have way more experience than those parts!" her mother spat, disgustedly.

"Mom, they are amazing teachers! And Hogwarts is about as unsafe as this house is safe!" She screamed back at her. Luna's dream, ever since she was little, was to attend Hogwarts. When she was old enough, Luna waited outside for three days until I got my letter. As soon as I had it in my tiny little hands, I raced into the house and screamed for my mom. She came in, thinking I was about to die, and asked me why I was screaming. I was too filled with joy to speak, so I just handed her my letter. As soon as she say the red wax 'H', she snatched it out of my hand and threw it in the trash.

I remember screaming at her until my lungs burned. The only answer she had was no. More letters flooded the house and soon my mom became tired with all my letters.

She sent the Headmistress a letter, explaining I wouldn't be able to attend because I was going to be home schooled. I ignored my mom for two weeks and refused to eat anything. In the middle of the night I would sneak downstairs and grab a lot of food, enough to last me until my next midnight grab.

"You're not going!" My mom's screaming snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Mom, just listen," I said softly. "This is my dream school and there is only three weeks until school starts. Can't I at least try it for one year? And if I don't like it then I'll be home schooled next year." She sighed and sat down on the nearest kitchen chair. She placed her head on her hands and I knew she was really thinking about this.

Sighing, I turned on my heals and marched out of the room. My mom is just so annoying sometimes! I marched up the stairs, but then a light finger tapped my shoulder.

"I listened to you, now you listen to me. I will allow you to g-" I was already jumping up and down with joy. My mom placed both her hands on my shoulders and waited for me to stop. "But," she continued, "you can only try for half the year. If you don't like it, which you won't, you'll come straight home."

"ONE FREAKING HALF!" I screamed at her. It probably wasn't the way to act since I was getting to go, but still. She nodded and then turned away before I could say another word. I was still a little bummed about how long I got to stay, but I get to go to Hogwarts!

I opened the door to my small room and flopped down on my twin bed. My fluffy white comforter was so soft I fell asleep, dreaming about what was to waiting for me at Hogwarts.