7 - Wish you were always drunk

Months later and Chloé seems fine. She's doing great and her parents are now finally back, there's just a problem... Her little sister is now going to live with them and Chloé don't like it.  Another threat for her? I supposed.

Well, she doesn't have a choice but to be with them.

I've done so many things this past few months. I realized that I want to go back to school, next school year. Me and Chloé will become classmate or batchmate, it really doesn't matter, the thing is I will be back at school and at the same time I can watch her attitude in the school premises. I'm lucky mr. Mayor let me fulfill what my heart wants even though I am their servant.

I sat down and let out a heavy sigh as I finally finished ironing their clothes. The wind blew harder and the curtains danced together with the air, I hugged myself, feeling cold. 12: 45 am I said to myself when I saw the time. I can't sleep so I did my chores earlier than the usual, besides Chloé's still not home. Her parents didn't even noticed it, or they just don't care about her?I shook my head, poor Chloé...

I grabbed Chloé's clothes, admiring how expensive, but simple looking all of it. I folded it, pretty good. I stood up and left my room to go to her room and arrange her closet. I watched every of my stepped as I go upstair, I can hear the sound of my own feet, it's so quiet.

I immediately arranged her clothes when I entered her room. I'm not sleepy but I want to lay down my bed and let my mind wander. I'm really tired.

"Yes!" I whispered to myself as I finished arranging her closet.I sat down her bed and closed my eyes for a moment. I can feel my muscles weakening, and my head being hammered.

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes as I lie down the bed. So comfortable, so soft. I opened my arms, letting it rest on the bed too. So peaceful.

"Is the bed too comfortable for you?" It was almost a whisper but I managed to hear it. I nodded, at the question and curved myself, ruffling the bedsheet a bit. My brows furrowed as I questioned myself, who's inside my room.

I quickly rose up as I remember that I'm in Chloé's room and not mine. She was just standing, the smell of liquor is spreading inside the room. Young and a drinking addict. Really?

I already lost count of her going home either drunk or not in sane,I wonder if she's taking drugs or what, she doesn't look like a stable person.

" I'm sorry... "  I bit my lip, fixing the bedsheet of her bed, also dusting it unconsciously. I just stood when she sat on the bed, afraid that she might hurt me if I move. She's staring at me, like something's wrong with me. My heart starts pounding loudly as she tapped the space beside her while her other hand is busy grabbing the hot cup of... Either a coffee or milk, but one thing for sure is, it's fuming hot.

My heart calmed a bit when she took a sip on it.

Silence... Deafening silence.

She put the cup of milk on the space between us. She wasn't doing anything, neither talking. It's so awkward to be in here.

"Tired?" She finally spoke! Her voice was so soft, it was completely longing. I nodded slowly,not using my voice.

"Here cup of milk, It may help you to fall asleep." She gave me the cup where she sipped on, the cup was big and she just sipped a little so it's still plentiful.I was a bit hesitant but managed to still accept it, and sipped on it a bit. A glint of happiness was shown on her eyes, though it disappeared fastly, as if it was almost just my eyes playing tricks with me.

"You're nice when you're intoxicated..." I whispered, enough for her to hear it. I don't want to break the peace between us, so it sounded like a joke. Well, she chuckled a little, and she didn't look offended by my words.

"I'm not intoxicated though... I'm still in sane." She defended, almost laughing. She lied down,with a smile displayed on her lips, while playing with her fingernails. I can't help but to smile too, seeing her smile genuinely, is something I will not catch a sight everyday. It not like she's nice every single time, so I just want to appreciate her gestures while the liquor's still controlling her.

I drunk all the milk from the coffee, I'm already full and a bit sleepy. It is still awkward since she's just watching me, drinking it. I put it down her nightstand.

I can feel the heaviness of my eyelid, the night is getting deeper, peaceful and windy.Almost a perfect night and the milk she made me drunk is like a magic potion, as if she put a ritual unto it before giving it to me, it's so effective.

"Wanna inhale some fresh air?" I unconsciously nodded as she asked me, she then pulled me to stand up and dragged me to the balcony. The moon and stars are shining, brightening the dark blue and almost black colored sky. We both leaned our elbows on the railing,the wind is blowing hard, it was refreshing and relaxing. It feels like life is so easy to carry on. My hair is being blown by the air, harmoniously going with the wind. The cold breeze, was giving me chills.

"You can freely rest your head on me," I smiled as I heard her invitation, resting my head on her shoulder without a word. I was already given permission, why would I waste it?

I closed my eyes, yawning.

"Goddamn it!" I put both of my hands on my ear to cover it. Opening my eyes lazily,the alarm clock woke me from my sleep!From a good dream!

I almost panicked as I realized I wasn't inside my room, good thing I saw Chloé's favourite stuffed toy beside me. It wasn't a dream... Not an imagination? Of course not, she was just drunk.

I stopped the alarm and stood up, walking hastily, damn it! I haven't cooked breakfast for the Bourgeois' ! It's already 9:30 am, I'm screwed— I was about to open the door when I noticed the note, sticked onto it.

Ms. Sleepyhead,

     I set the alarm clock to 9:30 am, it should better wake you up or I'm gonna buy new one! I already cooked breakfast and bath myself without your help regarding to the bath solutions, I can't reach my back though... So I didn't scrubbed it well, so you better wake up early tomorrow to help me! Don't worry with those human living with us, they didn't saw me cooked so I won't cause any trouble to you.

                                      Yours, Pretty Chloé <3

I smiled from ear to ear as I finished reading the note. It was sweet, I can't hide my smile. Oh god, How I wish she's always drunk!