AFTERWORD

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

WE DID IT, HOLY CRAP

WE DID IT, HOLY CRAP. That's right, SHORT CIRCUIT is officially completed, I cannot believe it. I won't try to make this too long, but honestly this is the first book on wp I've ever finished so let me have this moment, okay?

I had the idea for this fic around December of 2020, right before the premiere of season 2. I had only been writing on wp for a couple of months, and the motivation to publish nonstop was eating me alive (2020 me share some of those creative juices MY GOD). I was fully motivated to just write write write, and that only grew as the character of Tess and her story developed. I began publishing weekly in January of 2023, and while it took about 2 years, Tess' story has finally come to an end.

I'll be honest, the writing in this book, especially in the earlier chapters, is not the greatest. I was young and a lot of what I wrote was just word vomit that I lightly edited then published. However, as the story progressed, so did my skills, and as my account grew, so did this book. I think SHORT CIRCUIT is probably the best example of my growth as a writer. These last few chapters are some of my proudest achievements, and it makes me a bit teary to go back and reread the first chapters of this book. Sometime in the future I will be going in and editing this entire book, but I want to try and finish some other fics before that.

Nonetheless, I am so incredibly proud of this fic. Tess is a character whose complexities I had a wonderful time exploring, and while sometimes her conflict became a bit redundant, she is a character that will stick with me for a long time. Her and Din's relationship is one of my favourites, they make me so happy and I'm glad to have shared them with you all. As of right now, I have no plans of publishing a sequel, at least not in the near future. I wasn't the biggest fan of BOBF or s3 of mando, so if a sequel ever were to come, it would require a lot of changes. However, I do have plans to one day publish some one-shots for Tess & Din, as I don't think we could ever have enough fluff from those two. But yeah, for now, this is it.

Finally, thank you to all the readers, new and old, that gave this book a chance. I know it was heavy at times, and there are definitely plot holes which I need to go in and fix, but thanks for reading anyways. To the ones that were here from the beginning, the ones who just found this book, and to all the ghost readers (my silent motivators), thank you.

Until next time!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯