Chapter 2

"Chirp..chirp"

'What was that'

'Where am I?'

'What...'

Questions came one after another.
He tried to open his eyes but frowned when he's unable to.

Taking his time, he managed to open his eyes and was greeted by light. He blinked a few times, adjusting to the brightness.

His face twisted in confusion when he realized he was in an unfamiliar room. He hurriedly got up but let out a low hiss when he felt a light pain on his side.

"What is-"

Memories flooded him, events that happened all came to his mind. He recalled everything.

He touched his wound and noticed it was bandaged and cleaned. He glanced at the clothes he was wearing.

'Who gave me these..'

He drifts in mixed emotions. Confusion and gratitude lingered.

'Someone must have saved me.'

He felt relieved and grateful for the mysterious savior, but he can't help but feel doubtful.

"My sword.. where is it?" He looked around.

He noticed a very familiar sword beside the headboard and quickly grabbed it.

"Where is this place?"

He was deep in thought, wondering if he's safe in the a stranger's house or not. He rose his feet and got off the bed. He was surprised when the wound did not hurt as much. He walked towards the big window and looked outside. It was the middle of the day.

'A forest?'

He turned to the door when he heard light footsteps. The tread was getting closer. His hand reached for his sword and was about to take it out of the sheath when the door suddenly opened.

"Oh, you're awake?" A voice asked in glee.

He was stunned.

A beautiful young woman walked in the room holding a tray with fruits and water. He loosened his hands on the sword and the woman notices.

"Oh dear, you don't have to be cautious." Walking pass him, she put the tray on top of the dresser.

He was mesmerized.

"You should eat, sir."

'I knew he was tall but I didn't expect him to be this tall...'

"...Thank you."

She glanced at him. She can't help but squeal inside.

She was quite skillful with controlling her expression. Her knees were already getting weak just by looking at his face.

'So handsome..'

"Oh, it's nothing." She flailed her hand.

"You must have been through a lot, you were in a terrible condition when I found you."