| 5 | The Nightmare | 5 |

'Everything's going to change.' A woman with blonde hair spoke, sending goose bumps to erupt onto my skin. 'This is for the best, y/n. But remember; WICKED is good.' I shot up from the bed and frantically looked around to make sure Gally was still there. I was dripping in sweat and panting like I had just ran around the Glade ten times straight. "Gally.." I whispered, he just slightly moved in his sleep, like he knew I was talking but was to deep in his sleep to wake up. "Gally..!" I said a little louder. His eyes slowly blinked open. "Wha- Oh shuck. What happened? Are you okay?!" He was truly worried and didn't know what to do. "N-nightmare.." I managed to croak out. He held open his arms as a signal for a hug like what I did earlier, by now we were sat up right, cuddling while I was having a mental breakdown for the second time since I've been here. Great. "Y/n.. It's okay, do you wanna...talk about it?" He whispered into my right ear, sending shivers down my spine. I couldn't find it in me to talk after that so for the next half an hour, I just shook my head or nodded. "It's getting late, you're going to need your sleep for the day ahead greenie. C'mon." and he slowly set us down on his bed, and I fell asleep in his embrace once more.

"WEE-OO-WEE-OO- HOLY SHUCK, MINHO LOOK-" Chuck busted in our door shouting for us to get up, "What Chuck- OH MY GOD I KNEW IT, THEY'RE IN LOVE!" Minho shouted and ran out. I just sat there and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up for the day ahead. I was going to be hanging with Chuck for today. "Chuck, as much as I love you, could you at least let me wake up from my dream land please." I laughed a little at his quick response and he walked out. "Well that's one way of saying 'Morning'" Gally chuckled. I noticed he had a bit of dirt on his nose so I wiped it off, "What on earth was that-" 

"You had dirt on your nose, silly. I'm off to go get ready. Wait, where exactly do I go?" I laughed a little at my response. "I'll leave quickly so you can get ready, there's a hairbrush in one of the 'heavy' crates." He joked sarcastically as he walked out and closed the door. I put on a white tank-top and some jean shorts as it was going to be a very hot day. I brushed my hair out (I'm respectful enough to let you just imagine what you do with your hair as everyone's is different :))  and sprayed some deodorant on that the creators were kind enough to have sent up for me. I walked out and Gally's face instantly went red, "What? Cat got your tongue?" I mimicked again. I brushed past him and strutted through the hallway and went to go find chuck. He was by his hammock, shaking leaves out of his hair -  wait, oh I swear to shucking god if Paul and his little minions did anything to him. "Hey Chuck." I said with a fake smile plastered on my face, "Why've you got leaves in your hair?" He just looked down at his feet and looked as though he was trying to make up an excuse but eventually gave up thinking, "Paul, and his friends.."

"That. Is. It. You mess with Chuck, you're shucking messing with me." Compared to yesterday, my energy had came back and I was willing to waste it on some shucking slinthead. "Hey! Slinthead!" He turned around confused but noticed a worried Chuck by the hammocks and smirked, "G'day m'lady. How can I be of e-quaintance today?" He said sarcastically while his 'friends' laughed along in the background. "By helping me.." I reached up and made it look like I was whispering in his ear, but all I did was knee him in the balls, five times in a row while saying, "Don't." Kneed him once. "Mess." Kneed him twice. "With." Kneed him the third time. "My." Kneed him the fourth time. "Friends." Kneed him finally with as much force as I could muster for the fifth time. By the time I backed away, a group of many boys was surrounding me and a proud Gally with a smug grin on his face, Paul was on the floor holding onto his crotch for dear life, trying not to scream from the excruciating pain coming from where I kneed him. As I walked away, I heard cheers from around me, "Wow! Go off y/n!" and things like "I'd let you do that to me any day!" I have to admit, that one made me snigger. I jogged over to Chuck and said, "I'd like to think he got what he deserves, am I right?" He was just stood there in utter shock, "Uh, yeah! That was amazing y/n!" He hugged me quickly and I gave in, hugging back and swaying slightly from side to side.

The breakfast bell rung and we both walked over, our lungs almost bursting from how hard we were laughing at how Paul was walking - he was practically crawling on the floor out of pure pain! We lined up with our plate, and Fry explained, "Today is pancake day for us as the bonfire is happening tonight! Hope you like em'!" I smiled back at him happily and sat down on the same table we had dinner on yesterday. This time, Gally wasn't being dragged to sit down, he just happily sat down in front of me and said, "Ready for round two?" I smiled back with a sly grin, "You're on." and we spent most of breakfast laughing and playing footsies under the table. I eventually gave up because I got a foot cramp but, it was definitely worth it. "Oh my god! These pancakes are FANTASTIC!" I heard Minho say as he scoffed his down and jogged off to go map the maze. Newt came over and slumped down next to Gally on the other side of the table, "What's got your knickers in a twist?" I said, he just looked up at me, he definitely had the grumps. "Alby's worrying about the new blood house we're building and he's left me in charge. It's just so stressful.." I smiled lopsidedly at him and said back, "Well, I'm sure it'll turn out great. Now eat up," I pointed at his pancakes with my fork, "If you don't, I'm sure me and Chuck wont mind eating them for you." I laughed. "Hey! What about me!" Gally exclaimed dramatically, I have to admit, the act he puts on for being really tough and mean, suits his persona but, when that barrier comes off; I swear it makes me swoon over him more than I honestly should. I get this feeling when I'm around him, like he cares more than he wants to; the same feeling I have about him. It feels good.

After breakfast, we all walked off to go do our jobs and I was going to be hanging with Chuck for the day, being a slopper. Now, don't get me wrong, the name is definitely not that appealing but you can get a lot of fun out of it; especially on washing day. Me and Chuck grabbed two clothes baskets and instead of having to boringly walk around asking for peoples clothes, I just shouted, "HEY! SLINTHEADS! IT'S WASH DAY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW SO GRAB YOUR FILTHY, DIRTY CLOTHES AND THROW EM' IN THESE BASKETS. DEADLINE'S IN 10 SO IF I WAS YOU - I'D HURRY YOUR ASSES UP!" and I just watched as almost every boy in the glade ran around frantically to find their dirty clothes, apart from Paul of course. Who could barley walk without screaming, he was stuck in the med-jacks, taking buttloads of medicine from the two boys who helped me outside the box - Clint and Jeff, they were really respectful too. After a good 10 minutes, everyone's clothes were stuffed into the large baskets and me and Chuck walked off to the washroom to go wash the clothes; it was more enjoyable that I would've thought to be fair.

An hour had passed by and we were just drying everyone's clothes off, hanging them up on what Chuck could remember being called a 'washing line' which is where you hang up wet clothes for them to dry off but he did explain that it's not a good idea to leave them out when it's starting to rain - I gathered he was talking from experience. We just sat on an old log near the washing line, watching as the Gladers got the bonfire ready for tonight. It felt good not having to do much with Chuck. Hours passed of us laughing and questioning everything we could remember that was worth questioning. We even talked about a silly idea of trapping a griever and interrogating it into telling us its secrets.. it was so funny when Chuck suggested that! When the clothes had dried we found Pauls underwear and I found some scissors around the log, what a coincidence.. I had a genius idea, I had the scissors in one hand and the boxers in the other and started snipping away. Soon there was a hole in the place where.. you know.. and you could barley see it. I didn't bother making it that big as I'm pretty sure he has a small.. yeah. I saw Gally coming over so I shoved the boxers in with the other clothes and he had a look on his face that screamed 'you aren't sneaky what-so-ever'. "Hey. What do you think your doing to those boxers?" I just sat there trying to keep a straight face as I casually said "There Pauls." He just chuckled under his breath and sighed, "God y/n. You're too much sometimes." I just giggled slyly, "Don't snitch?" I said hopefully. "No, I wont snitch. You're lucky I lov- Um I mean you're lucky I hate him too.." Oh my god. Today just couldn't get any more interesting. Or so I thought..

A/N: Hey again my lovelies! How ya doing? Just working on the 6th chapter! Feedback on this one? I'm in love with sweet Gally, I have to say. He really does care, huh? Thanks for reading :) xx

- Grace xxx