~CHAPTER 19~

Neriah

"Neriah, bring the used cup from your room!" I was brought out of my thoughts from Emma's annoying voice that came from the kitchen

With furrowed eyebrows I look around the room to look for a cup, but found none. "It's not in here!" I shout back from my room to the kitchen.

"We own six cups and I can only see five used ones here. It has gotta be yours." She shouts back. Our neighbours might be rolling their eyes to our conversation.

I let out a sarcastic laugh and shout,"Who counts the number of cups we have and I don't have it with me!" Do people actually count and remember the number of cups they have?

I wait for her reply but got none, so I went back to searching for a dress that I need to wear to the seminar. It's so difficult being a girl. I tap my chin and look deep into my wardrobe

"I knew it!" Emma's voice from very much inside my room. I got startled as my head was buried in the stack of clothes. I looked at her with surprise written all over my face and ask her,"What?"

She walked to the window and slides the curtain, revealing my used coffee cup. Oh shoot! I bit the insides of my cheeks and wait for her to yell at me. "What am I gonna do with you, Neriah," she said and lets out a sigh.

"I forgot Ems," I said and looked at her embarrassed. She just shakes her head at me and before she left my room she tells me,"Wear the black one."

I look at her confused but after a second I understood what she meant."Thanks a lot Ems," I smile at her and get ready. I still can't digest the fact that I am gonna give a speech. It is something that's way out of my comfort zone.

Just as I was about to get ready I got a text from Mason.

Groot🌵
I am so sorry but I won't be able to come to your seminar as I am packed with training sessions. All the best to you! I am full aware that you are gonna make all of us proud.

My heart swelled at his words. Though I was upset that he won't be there but these wishes encouraged me.

Though he warned me to never call him Groot but I love that name for him and he doesn't know that I have saved his name as 'Groot'

Me
Its ok! You do well in your training. Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I really needed it.

Groot
No problem, love.

We exchanged byes and went back to our respective works. Emma helped me get ready and she straightened my curly hair but it still was wavy, not exactly straight. She was lecturing me to wear heels but I knew, if I wore them I would fall with all the nervousness coursing through my veins.

Neriah's outfit