6

Hey guys sorry for taking a while to update i've been having a little bit of writer's block . I went back to last chapter and made a few changes as I wasnt fully content with it . I'm back and if you have any suggestions please comment . Also when I'm finished this story i'm thinking about writing a mighty ducks one or a stand by me one let me know if you'd read them . Okay that's it for now . Thanks for reading . - Elle <3

Alan came home a while after I arrived home . I ended up falling asleep on the couch while listening to some vinyls . I shifted my head and glanced at the clock which read 5pm. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to get ready early and make some breakfast for Alan and I .

I took out my favourite blue overalls and paired it with a red long sleeve shirt . I put my hair in two loose braids and placed my dodgers cap on top.

I poured the orange juice in the glasses and sat them with the plates of grilled cheese . I heard footsteps and saw Alan making his way to the kitchen .

" Morning sleepy head !" I announced while rubbing my knuckles in his hair .

"mornin- HEY DIANE CUT IT OUT !" he groaned

we ate our breakfast and walked to the sandlot . I tried to hide my happiness because for once I dont have to watch alan leave while im stuck at home . I couldn't help but feel propitious , like I knew this what it'll take to succeed .

" hey Diane!" squints spoke while holding out the ane into a flirtatious matter .

"hey squints." It was supposed to be a statement but ended up sounded like a question .

"so I was thinking would you , diane , like to go on a date with me ?" I tried to stifle my laugh because he's a nice pal although he's only about a foot shorter then me and looks 10 .

" Uh squints buddy , Alan would kill me and you aren't exactly my age per say ."

"IM 12 ! practically a man ." he remarked while flexing his non- existent muscles

"squints I think you're an awesome guy trust me just not for me , maybe if I didn't like ben-

"WHAT! "

"SHIT Uh beneficial men?"

" you could've done better then that Diane , but your secrets safe with me alright ."

"what secret I don't like him I barely know him I couldn't possibly like him HES JUST A FRIEND !"

"yup okay diane and wendy peffercorn is the ugliest gal around."

"hey wendy is my bestfriend and she's super hot- ...... you were being sarcastic."

" bingo! You know I kissed her last year ." THAT WAS SQUINTS HOLY-

I was about to continue my conversation with squints before benny approached us .

" sorry to interrupt but we kinda want to play play ball ?"

" right ! ball well ima go over yeah BYE!" before I could leave squints yanked my overall strap and pulled me back .

" Diane we WILL finish our conversation."

" there's nothing to finish ." I replied with a smirk

"but there is because you do ." now a smirk was plastered on his face

"I DONT LIKE HIM!" shit he is right there Diane

" like who?" benny asked and you could hear the confusion in his voice

" uh phillips , squints saw me having dinner with him at the diner by vincents ."

"You like phillips?"