First Sight

MY MOTHER DROVE ME TO THE AIRPORT WITH THE windows rolled down. It was
seventy-five degrees in Phoenix, the sky a perfect, cloudless blue.
In the Olympic Peninsula of northwest Washington State, a small town
named Forks exists under a near-constant cover of clouds. It rains on this
inconsequential town more than any other place in the United States of America.
It was from this town and its gloomy, omnipresent shade that my mother escaped
with me when I was only a few months old. It was in this town that I’d been
compelled to spend a month every summer until I was fourteen. That was the
year I finally put my foot down; these past three summers, my dad, Charlie,
vacationed with me in California for two weeks instead.
It was to Forks that I now exiled myself — an action that I took with great horror. 
I detersted Forks. “Bella,” my mom said to me — the last of a thousand times — before I got
on the plane. “You don’t have to do this.”
My mom looks like me, except with short hair and laugh lines. I felt a spasm
of panic as I stared at her wide, childlike eyes. How could I leave my loving,
erratic, harebrained mother to fend for herself? Of course she had Phil now, so
the bills would probably get paid, there would be food in the refrigerator, gas in
her car, and someone to call when she got lost, but still . . .
“I want to go,” I lied. I’d always been a bad liar, but I’d been saying this lie
so frequently lately that it sounded almost convincing now.
“Tell Charlie I said hi.”
“I will.”
“I’ll see you soon,” she insisted. “You can come home whenever you want
— I’ll come right back as soon as you need me.”“Don’t worry about me,” I urged. “It’ll be great. I love you, Mom.”
She hugged me tightly for a minute, and then I got on the plane, and she was
gone.
I went trough the whole security check, on the plane and finally in my seat. The whole time when i was on the plane i was mentally preparing myself for meeting Charlie, the police chief of forks, and living in Forks. When the plane landed, i got out and saw Charlie standing by his police cruiser.
“It's good to see you, dad.” I put on a small smile.
“Good to see you too Bells” He took my bags and put them in the trunk, and we both got in the car. There was silence almost the whole way there, neither one of us were talkers.
He finally broke the silence.
“I got yot you a car, as a homecoming present.” Now i was curios and also feeling a little guilty.
“ Dad, you shouldn't have, i could've saved up myself.”
“Don't worry it's cheap.”
“What kind of car?”
“A Chevy.” Well some kind of car is better than diving in a police cruiser, plus it's already bought.
That was the only conversation we had.
We finally pulled up to the house. The house was a small, with two bedrooms, Charlie and Renee had bought it when they first got married. We took all the stuff from the trunk and bought it upstairs to my room. My room hadn't changed much since the last time i was here, there was a bed instead of a crib and a table. Charlie brought the bags and left me alone to pack. One of the best things about Charlie, he dosen't hover. I finished packing and finally sat down on the bed. A few tears escaped my eyes, būt i decided to leave the crying for the night. I went into the shower, for the hot water to relax my muscles, and washed my hair. Later i brushed my teeth and hair. Finally i laid in my bed  and thought of how worse tomorrow is going to be. The rain outside was pounding against the roof, i couldn't sleep half the night and at some point i fell asleep. In the morning i was tired, dark circles surrounding my eyes. Finally i got out of bed and started beushing my damp hair. I picked out what to wear and dressed up. When i was done i went downstairs and had breakfast with Charlie. When it was time to go i took my bag and heafed for the truck. I took out a map and tried to find Forks Highschool. When i actually started driving i almost drove past it. I found a free space in the parking lot and parked. For a few minutes i sat in the car preparing myself. I got outside and heades for the front office. It was a small, warm room with a woman. I told her my name and she gave me my class schedule and i heades out. After my first class, in the hallway a boy with oily dark hair named eric, came up to me. He was nice, kind of over helpful, and showed me my next class. In my next two clasess a girl sat next to me, i couldnt Remember her name. At lunch i sat with her friends. It was there, sitting in the lunchroom, trying to make conversation with seven curios strangers, that i first saw them. They were sitting in the corner of the cafeteria. There were five of them. They weren't talking or eating a lot. At least they weren't gawking at me. They didn't look anything alike. Of the three Boys, one was big - muscled like a serious weight lifter, with dark, curly hair, a little tan skin and blue eyes. Another was taller, leaner, but still muscular, with honey blond hair, light tan and brown eyes. The last was lanky, less bulky, paler, with untidy, bronze colored hair and green eyes. He looked more boyish than the others, who looked like they could be in college, or even teacher here rather than students. The girls were opposites. The tall one was statuesque. She had a beautiful figure, the kind you saw on the cover of sports illustrated swimsuit issue, the kind that made every girl around here take a hit on her self-esteem just by being in the same room. Her hair was golden, gently waving to the middle of her back, and she had blue eyes. The short girl was pixielike, thin, with small features and dark brown eyes. Her hair was a deep black, cropped short and pointing in every direction. All their features were attractive, beautiful and perfect. They looked normal, though they were all oddly attractive. It was hard to decide Who was the most beautiful - maybe the perfect blond girl, or the bronze- haired boy. The small girl got up and walked out in a dance step, quicker than i thought possible.
“Who are they?” i asked the girl, whose name i had forgotten. She looked up and already knew who i meant. Suddenly the bronze haired one looked at her, like she had called him.
“That's Edward and Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie and Jasper hale. The one Who left was Alice Cullen, they all live together with Dr. Cullen and his wife.”
Strange, unpopular names, the kinds that grandparents had. I finally remembered the name of the girl next to me, Jessica. A perfectly common name.
“They are... very attractive. ” I said.
“Yes! They're all together though - Emmett and Rosalie, and Jasper and Alice, i mean. And they live together.”
She was obviously weirded out.
“Which ones are the Cullens? They don't look related...”
“Oh, They're not. Dr. Cullen is really young, in his twenties or early thirties. They are all adopted. The hales are brother and sister, twins - the blondes - and they're foster children.”
“They look a little old for foster children.”
“ They are now, Jasper and Rosalie are both eighteen, but they've been with Mrs.Cullen since they were eight. She's their aunt or something like that.
“That's really kind of nice - for the to take care of all those kids like that, when They're so young and everything.
“I guess so, i think that Mrs. Cullen can't have any kids though.”
All she was saying, had a little suspicion and weirdness in it, but it was like... she had to go with it all, like she didn't want to.
“Have they always loved in Forks?”
“No, they movied down two years ago From somewhere in Alaska.”
The youngest one met my eyes, with curiosity.
“Which one is the boy with the reddish Brown hair?”
“That's Edward. He's gorgeous, of course, būt don't waste your time. He dosen't date. Apparently none of the girls here are good looking enough for him.” I wondered if he had turned her down. After a few more minūtes all of them left the table. A girl named Angela reminded me for biology, she had it too. We walked in silence, she was shy too. When we entered the classroom, Angela went to sit at her table with her lab partner. In fact all the tabeles were filled but one. Next to the center aisle, a free seat next to Edward Cullen.
As i walked down the aisle to introduce myself to the and get my slip signed, i was watching him. Just as i passed, he suddenly went rigid in his seat. As i was getting nearer, he covered his nose and mouth with one hand, and put his other one on his forehead to cast a shadow over his eyes and hide them. What is happening with him? It felt like he hated me the first time he saw me. Maybe he is felling dizzy? His nose and mouth were covered. Maybe i smell bad? I had washed my hair yesterday. Just to make sure i sniffed my hair. Nope smells just like my strawberry shampoo. Can he really hate me so much, that he refuses to look at me, right after i sat down beside him? No, it cant be. Maybe his head just hurts. His breathing was heavy and deep, but quiet enough for no one to notice, i could barely hear it. We hadn't said a word to eachother. Some were looking with pity at me seeing how uncomfortable i was. After fifteen minutes, he quickly got up and rushed out of the class, still casting a shadow over his eyes, and leaving all his stuff behind. “Mr. Cullen, is there something wrong? Where are you going?” The teacher yelled after him. He was shocked, obviously Edward had never done that. My mouth popped open from shock. Everyone else also hadn't been used to this. “Everyone pay back attention.” The teacher broke the silence and shock. For the rest of biology i was still debating whether, it was because of me or he really got dizzy. After class in the hallway someone walked up to me.
“Aren't you Isabella Swan?”
I looked up to see a cute, baby-face boy, with blond hair. He obviously didn't think i smelled bad.
“Bella.” i corrected, i didn't like being called isabella.
“I'm Mike.”
“Hi, Mike.”
“Do you need any help finding your next class?”
“I'm headed for the gym, actually. I think i can find it.”
“That's my next class, too.” He seemed thrilled.
We walked together and he told me that he had movied here, also a few years ago. He also was an outsider, šo he knew how i felt. He was the novest personu i had met today.
“So did you stab Edward Cullen with a pencil or what? I've never seen him act like that.”
“Was that the boy Who sat next to me in Biology?”
“Yes, do you know what happened?”
“I don't know, i never spoke to him. I think he got dizzy or sick.” Or maybe he was disgusted by you and hates you.
The coach let me sit out today, and i was grateful. I was bad at all kind of sports. After class i went to the front office and Edward Cullen was standing at the desk. I stood by the door. I think he alredy knew that it was me who walked in, but he still turned his head to look at me. He took a look at me and immedietly squeezed his eyes shut out of frustration. He turned back.God, he really does hate me.
“Never mind, then. I can see that it's impossible. Thank you so much for your help.” And he rushed out past me. I got into the truck and drove home with tears dripping from my eyes.

I did keep some of their original features, like their unusual beauty, but i did give them features of how they would look like when they were human, because tvd vampires do look human.

dawn of the nightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें