Chapter 44: The beginning

Yukiko POV

Dino nii specially come to fetch me back to the hotel after the doctor says that I am ready to discharge. Everyone comes and sends me off other than Hibari san. When we reach the hotel, Dino nii allows me to rest since today's a long and tiring day for me.

"Yuki chan!! You go ahead and have a good rest! I will be outside and if you need anything, just call me!" he says cheerfully. I am glad really that after what had happen, things between us are still the same. He perked me on my forehead before he closed the door behind me to let me sleep.

Today is the day. The day where I know that I have to get ready the grief of Tomaru. But my mind seem to be preoccupied with other things.
Things like how is Hibari san doing?
Is he having his meal on time? Is he getting enough sleep rather than sleeping in his office? These questions keep running in my mind causing me unable to rest peacefully. But what I didn't know that this moment is where it has start. The grief of Tomaru.

Hibari POV

Ever since that day, I never visit her again. Since she is the one that begins to ask me to keep a distance, so will I keep an arm's length away from her. I know that today she is discharged, mainly because of that noisy blond told me so. But why so? Why would she wants to be away from me? Is it..? She goona get into troubles again?

Just like back then, every time she left me is always she needs to find something or do something related of being a Tomaru. I just couldn't sit still with so many questions and doubts in my mind.

Should I train or should I do other things? I hate my current self greatly now. Why am I being so easily manipulated by her words or actions? I used to not care about anyone but whatever she does, I couldn't help but I want to know everything and worse still, be a part in it.

I lean my head against the wall and I closed my eyes and think. First time in my entire life, I wanted someone.
I never wanted someone even when my mother passed away when I was 10. Just exactly who is she to me? Is she just someone that I am interested to fight? But the feelings sure feels different comparing her and the baby. They are both someone I think is strong and I want to fight.

However, I wonder why does she affect me so far? I am confused because of her. I always wanted to fight her. Not just that, I also enjoy my time with her. Every fight we fight. Every word exchange between. Every time we are together,.they just feel so personal to me. These feelings are way beyond what I first intended. Way beyond of what I feel of the baby, which is simply wanted to fight him. To me, I just want to shelter her.. Though she may be strong, she has a side of her that she is afraid of showing..and I want to protect her.

Why should I do what she tells me to do? Just because she says to keep a distance, I must follow what she says! Dream on Yukiko!! I am goona stick with you no matter what!! And I am goona make sure that she will obey me from now on.

* time travel to evening

Yukiko POV

" Yuki chan!! This is so oshi!! I finally get to eat your cooking after so long!" Dino nii cheers as he is eating the fried rice that I cook. I smile at him and Romario partly because I thank them for their compliment and another is what happens 15 minutes ago.

" Dino nii, I feel like cooking today." I say to him since he asks me what I feel like doing currently. He asks Romario over and whispers to him something I cant hear. And who knows in another few minutes, I am in the hotel's kitchen and Dino nii is helping me to put on the apron.

Somehow this situation reminds me of back then when Hibari san and I helped out in Namimori orphanage. The time where we spent in the kitchen. But all is over .. So what you like him? You guys will never last..so won't even bother to start. No..it is never meant to start anyway. I thought as I cut the ingredients for the fried rice. Eventually, I am done with the cooking and present them with my fried rice and this is where it leads back to now.